Yet another

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another

Oil question. I want to switch from a synthetic blend to pure petroleum. Primarily because of the cost. I spent $60 bones on an oil change and it will be half of that with pure petroleum. Am I going to run into any problems?

Sorry guys but I couldn't find the answer in the search.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Default RE: Yet another

no, you wont, but god damn! 3 bottles of SEMI-synthetic oil and a filter costs you $60?! WHERE THE HELL DO YOU LIVE DUDE?! Jesus christ, even the most expensive FULL SYNTHETIC oil (AMSOIL MCF) @ $8.24 / qt rings in at around 24 bucks, add to it the cost of the filter (A Whoppin' 5 bucks for a Purolator, the best out there) and you're squarely in the 30 dollar range...

dude, you have got to tell me what you're buying... because $60 a change is ridiculous...

Old 09-01-2006, 11:22 PM

He might be getting it done at the stealership.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:25 AM

oil is oil. It lubricates and cools. All the same to me. I dont want to hear how one is better than the other. Im sure there are differnces but on our level its all the same. Just keep it clean.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cheapest syn is better, than the best dino oil... Hey CS, are you running 94cents/qt .,wolfs head oil, or do you slurge on that repsol, and get the good stuff, from the dollar store?????? " On our level... " Speak for yourself !!!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-02-2006, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: NOchknstrips

oil is oil. It lubricates and cools. All the same to me. I dont want to hear how one is better than the other. Im sure there are differnces but on our level its all the same. Just keep it clean.
That's pretty funny coming from someone who rides a Repsol rep. bike!

Old 09-03-2006, 02:23 AM

First of all I dont ride a repsol bike thats Haydens bike from Gp. At least the mock up one they have on displayin the honda tent. And no I dont run wolf I run Motul oil because thats all thats ever been in the bike. To answer the other. I didnt mean to say we are on a shi**y level or something. Im just saying If you keep your oil clean you wont feel a differnce on most bikes. If you are modded heavily and are race ready then It may help. But if it lubes and keeps it cool tell me where you really get the advantage. If you say it flows better then what about a lighter engine oil period. I guess maybe with syn's they dont build up sludge as much as Dino oil as it was put. If then yea I see what your saying. I change my oil every 500 miles just cause and it has never been real dirty. Never black. If your bike comes with syn its always best to keep that in it. If you wish to upgrade to it do it with with less miles on the bike. And keep the same oil in it. Oils to differ a bit in compound and if you keep getting diff compounds in it then you get build up. Once again I wasnt dissin anybody who runs Syns or saying there bad. Sh*t I run syn myself but like I said thats all I have ever had in the bke since I got it and keep it the same to keep it clean.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:22 AM

Yo No, Nicky's bike??? You know all those Honda's, look the same to me!!!!!!!! 500 miles on a change... I thought I was **** rentive !!!!!!! I try for 1500, usualy ending up, before 2k. Good job !!!!!!!!! I'd buy your bike, based on your oil change record alone !!!!!!!!
No offense take'n, none offerd !!!!!! thanks !!!!!!! To be honest... I "have" chicken strips !!!!!!! For me , It comes w/ less than exotic suspension, and the fear of GOD !!!!!!!!!
My biggest oil concern this summer, was run'n in hot 110f temps in city stop and go. Man, those enclosed body work (94 1000f) cbrs get warm !!!!!!. Happy ride'n !!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-03-2006, 04:43 AM

ORIGINAL: rippn

Yo No, Nicky's bike???
Yea dude Haydens Bike. I took that photo at the GP this year. Yea I am super **** about my oil changes now a days. Here is why if you wondering. My 69 camaro dropped two motors due to poor oil mantinence. I lost 2 engines in my Yota truck same thing. So now I am real ****. My bike gets changed about 4-5 weeks 500 miles and my car about 1500. Single car now i said tuck the fruck with the motor going twice. O and yea I ride and drive really hard. But why not I enjoy it and now that I am smarter about matinece then when I was a teenager I take good care of em now.

One more thing. I dont no about the other oils but my motul smells like nail polish or something else besides what im used to. Any of the other bike oils smell strange like that? I thought it was funny myself.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 AM

I ment... No??...what, it's not yours... it's Nicky's????
I'd love to see a modern gp, I remember back in about "72", mom took us to Seattle international raceway (SIR) to see a nat. race, w/in two hours, the two stroke 3cyl. kaws exotic blue plumes, made my mom throw up... I'll never forget ...our buick wildcat pullup to the front straight,as race marshals went beserk!!!, mom punched it and went right across, during a heat race !!!!!!!!!!! Color me gone !!!!!
I see nothing wrong w/ that frequent a oil change, i would hate pay'n and change'n about every week, or less !!!!!!!! Hey, I just sniff'd a qt of schaeffer semi syn... what the heck, It's kind of minty fresh !!!!!!!!!!, w/overtones of testoterone !!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n