Wrecked my 07 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wrecked my 07 600rr

Hey, well i dont know exactly your state law. I have one question, was it an actual interstate or highway and is there a minimum speed posted?Ifthereis any of those, then by law anyone stopping on a highway and not ensuring that they properly exit can be at fault for causing the crash. Parsay that a car tire blow and they dont get all the way off the highway. They're tire is haning over the white line and a car comes by and hit it. It would be the blown tire car because of where it was positioned. But most officer would say it was niether ones fault cause some side of the road are small. But in any case some certain circumstances would change that. If she was in the left lane, and had stopped to make the u-turn even if you guys didn't allow proper distance. She is at fault. This comes from an expierenced Police Officer. I work with Rapid City Police Department.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off, california sucks. i dont mind vacation there, but some things are just ridiculous in california.

as with most accidents, if you hit someone, it is your fault hands down. but i do believe there should be circumstances where it should not be. like this one for example. from what most people are saying, if someone were to pull out in front of me driving recklessly and i swerve to miss and hit someone else, its my fault. why would this be? i was doing nothing before, i only performed an action which caused an accident due to someone else's irresponsiblity. why would they not be at fault? just because they didnt actually collide with anyone? i know i have had a driver (pizza delivery) who worked for me and someone pulled out of a private drive right in front of him, he hit them, but it was not ruled his fault as it should not have been. although, they do consider your ability to be a defensive driver at time, and sometimes rule fault like 30% and 70%, that happened to my brother when a lady ran a stop sign and nailed him. they said he should have seen her and let her go.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:41 PM

Sorry to hear that man!!! Hope it all works out to where you can get through this at the least cost.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:42 PM

don't be hating on the CA meng! this post is about a crash and not about CA!

what if it was a dog that ran out in front of the lady and she decided to stop?

fact is...all you guys were following way too closely...and should've all been cited, including her crazy u-turn move.

also, if you were paying attention to what's going on in front of you, you could've stopped in time because bikes have way less stopping distance than cars.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:50 PM

im so sorry to hear that.... see what u can fix on your own, but hopefully its just little stuff and not the frame.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:35 PM

6gs for full coverage...damn. you should change insurance. i pay 250 a month and its my 1st street bike.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

don't be hating on the CA meng! this post is about a crash and not about CA!
haha, it is now!

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

what if it was a dog that ran out in front of the lady and she decided to stop?
nah, the dogs only run in front of vehicles on on-ramps.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: NutsaK

Hey, well i dont know exactly your state law. I have one question, was it an actual interstate or highway and is there a minimum speed posted? If there is any of those, then by law anyone stopping on a highway and not ensuring that they properly exit can be at fault for causing the crash. Parsay that a car tire blow and they dont get all the way off the highway. They're tire is haning over the white line and a car comes by and hit it. It would be the blown tire car because of where it was positioned. But most officer would say it was niether ones fault cause some side of the road are small. But in any case some certain circumstances would change that. If she was in the left lane, and had stopped to make the u-turn even if you guys didn't allow proper distance. She is at fault. This comes from an expierenced Police Officer. I work with Rapid City Police Department.
I was just in Denver, Co, and for the first time I saw one of those minimum speed limit signs... First time I had ever seen one... Although, what happens during rush hour when everyone is going under the minimum? Wouldnt that mean that everyone on the freeway is breaking the law?

Old 05-15-2007, 04:26 PM

^Not exactly. Each law that we know of is not as black and white as cop and civilian see it. The judge knows that every law can have leeway and circumstance that can excuse the person from legal ramification. So in this case, traffic in a minimum speed limit area is excused. Going over the speed limit while rushing someone to the hospital is also excused. Just to state again. Laws and interpretation of laws is not black and white.