Wrecked my 07 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wrecked my 07 600rr

This isn't ment to be an attack of any sort. I just want to straighten out the facts as I have understood them from the posts. Krash, your accident and the accident that the thread was started under and two differant types.

#1(Dznutt5)-Vehicles in motion hitting other vehicles/bikes while in motion.
#2(Yours)-Stopped Vehicles being struck/pushed by another from behind causing a chain crash.

In my previous post, 3 people could have recieved a citiation. To which only 1 did, (The car) due to officer discretion and chosing not to ding everyone(probably because he felt sorry for the bikes). In your accident, you were merely caught up in it by force due to something out of your control.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:55 AM

agreed.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:44 AM

ORIGINAL: krash

pell, do you have any professional background in accident citation? Not being a smart ***, just curious if thats your opinion, or if you have real data. that incident is about the only experience I have, but I dont see how if we were all stopped, not moving, with distance between us, that everyone could have been at fault. I mean, we were not even in motion, how can there be any fault if your pushed into the car infront of you in a chain reaction?
First hand professional experience? no...

But, I am friends with several CHP officers. The reasoning is that if you get rear ended and hit another car, then there was not enough distance between you and the other vehicle. Also, I have been involved (as a passenger) in this situation, and that is exactly what happened. Cops said that everyone was too close to each other, which caused the chain reaction. Now, with what I said earlier, I would ASSUME that it would be different, due to the difference in momentum between a semi and a passenger vehicle (an extraordinary situation). I have also spoke to these CHP officers in a bunch of "what if" situations, and I am basically repeating what answers they gave me. Also, it could very well vary state to state. What I said only applies to california.

As for the original issue, Ive been in that exact same situation (first hand). I was found at fault due to my following distance, regardless of the reason the person in front of me stopped....

Hell, another time, someone made a right turn on a red right in front of me (I was going straight through a green) and ended up rear ending him. There wasnt any real visible damage, just minor scratches, but I was still found at fault... Because I was not driving defense enough, and did not allow myself an exit to the situation.

This is also the reason I could never be a cop. I dont agree with any of this ****.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:01 AM

Im pretty sure that other than the weather and the geography, California sucks.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:09 PM

Im pretty sure that other than the weather and the geography, California sucks.
Pretty much. Its expensive as hell to live here, and most of the people are dicks. I really dont have much positive stuff to say about it, although it is nice to live a hour from the mountains, and a hour from the beach.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:03 PM

FWIW, I was in a 6 car pile up on the interstate in my accord. I was dead smack in the middle, a semi ran up on stopped traffic too quick and just plowed everbody forward. totaled several of the cars, inlcuding my brand new accord with like 20k miles. Only person at fault was the semi driver. didnt cost me or anyone else a dime. Although, I am sure the trucking company paid out the nose since they were considered at fault.
the way I understand your incident is that, you and other cars were braking/non-moving position and then were plowed by a semi from the rear. is that what happened?

Old 05-13-2007, 01:14 PM

yeah, thats what happened. I was actually stopped on the interstateat a heavily congested junctionand just happened to be looking up in my rear view as I heard the unmistakeable sound of crunching cars, then all hell broke loose. like someone else said, really a completely different scenario than the topic of this post.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:10 PM

if it is in fact bent on a collisiion of this sort where it doesn't bend previous years frames, i wonder if this raises a frame issue on the '07s. just wondering.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 98f3pilot
if it is in fact bent on a collisiion of this sort where it doesn't bend previous years frames, i wonder if this raises a frame issue on the '07s. just wondering.
Its pretty hard to tell whether the 07 is frail. We dont know how bad was the accident nor the guy never said that it was a straight front end collision or how it was dropped. I wouldnt jump to any conclusions at this point.

Krash, thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear that your new car took a senseless whooping.

ORIGINAL: dwhite645
Because none of the riders caused the initial accident. It's all on the lady who stopped to make an illegal U-turn. Just like a car pile up on the highway. Who ever causes the initial problem is at fault for all damages - even the very last car involved who didn't even touch the car that started the whole thing.
If you look at the post(s) above you will see what I was referring to before. Now, the accident that involved the 07'RR and R1 was not caused by the car. Im going to state again> The R1 avoid the accident with the car and the 07'RR could not avoid the R1 because he was following too close and his brakes locked up(both are rider's errors). Hence, the car is not at fault when it came down to the 07'RR and the R1. That a separate incident. Regardless of what the ticket said to the women driver; like Balamien said, it was the officer's discretion to give a ticket just to her and not the bikers. Whatever your personal feelings are on this matter its very clear to me that the insurance company did the right thing.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dzznut5

i only have liability
Sorry man, but that was your first mistake.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my 07 600rr