Wrecked my 07 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 03:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wrecked my 07 600rr

Hire a lawyer and go after her insurance co. Same with everybody else involved. Your insurance shouldn't have to cover your buddies R1 since she was the cause of the whole incident...regardless of how close you were following.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:51 AM

If she got ticketed and the cop says it was her fault, then there's no way the insurance can charge you or anyone else. You need to fight that man.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:42 AM

+1 on the lawyer and going after the insurance co. Just do not be in a hurry.
It will probably take almost a year to settle. And what ever fees are incurred for the attorney.

My suggestion is learn from the lesson of following too close.

And Ebay your crashed bike (Part it out) and get what you can. Should be quite a bit since there are not many parts out there for it.

And buy a new bike, and enjoy the Spring/Summer right now. The one thing you cannot replace is time. And know one knows how much they have left.

Todd

Old 05-12-2007, 04:29 PM

dude i dont see how you could have bent the frame how fast were you going when u hit the other bike? i think they are bullllll****in u about the frame but i havent seen it......anyways if i had a 07 i would definatly get a new frame **** its only 07 and i see frames for my bike (06) on ebay all the time but i would bet its not truely bent it takes a lot to do that. I had a buddy wreck his older cbr doing a wheelie it basically fliped and the frame lived. find a trust worthy mechanic/tech and get that bike looked at better.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645
Your insurance shouldn't have to cover your buddies R1 since she was the cause of the whole incident...regardless of how close you were following.
why do you think it is so? if the insurance company does not pay for his buddy's damamge then he should pay for the damage to the R1 out of pocket. the story states that the R! avoided the reck but this guy rammed into R!. hence, the R1 is not at fault and it should be repaired by the this guys insurance.

secondly, i already asked the guy if this was a front collision and he did not specify. he should just inspect the frame himself and try to fix the bike. always keep your distance from other riders, no matter how good of rider(s) you think they are.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:38 PM

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't just "one" accident here, there are several. If I understand the accident correctly:

Accident #1- Lead Guy hits the Car. (Car at Fault)-Illegal U-Turn
Accident #2-2nd Position hits Position #1 (#2 at Fault)-Assured Clear Distance
Accident #3-4th Position Hits Position #2 (#3 at Fault)-Assured Clear Distance

While it sucks that all this happened because some dumb women did an illegal U-turn, as we know....S**% rolls down hill. I am glad to see that neither #2 rider and yourself didn't get a ticket for anything.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

ORIGINAL: dwhite645
Your insurance shouldn't have to cover your buddies R1 since she was the cause of the whole incident...regardless of how close you were following.
why do you think it is so? if the insurance company does not pay for his buddy's damamge then he should pay for the damage to the R1 out of pocket. the story states that the R! avoided the reck but this guy rammed into R!. hence, the R1 is not at fault and it should be repaired by the this guys insurance.
Because none of the riders caused the initial accident. It's all on the lady who stopped to make an illegal U-turn. Just like a car pile up on the highway. Who ever causes the initial problem is at fault for all damages - even the very last car involved who didn't even touch the car that started the whole thing.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:59 PM

FWIW, I was in a 6 car pile up on the interstate in my accord. I was dead smack in the middle, a semi ran up on stopped traffic too quick and just plowed everbody forward. totaled several of the cars, inlcuding my brand new accord with like 20k miles. Only person at fault was the semi driver. didnt cost me or anyone else a dime. Although, I am sure the trucking company paid out the nose since they were considered at fault.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:32 PM

The illegal Uturn didnt cause the wreck. The person in the car stopped (the intention of the stop is irrelevant), and then the bikes collided (with the car and each other). You can get a lawyer, but the bottom line is that you are at fault, and liability will cover everyone else's stuff except for yours. The lawyer will just cost you more money in the end, with no reward. Suck it up, and take it as a learning experience, and go get another bike.

And krash... You got lucky, if that was a normal car that started the reaction and not a semi, everyone would have some level of fault except for the car in front.

(At least thats how it would go in california)

Old 05-12-2007, 11:17 PM

pell, do you have any professional background in accident citation?Not being a smart ***, just curiousif thats your opinion, or if you have real data. that incident is about the only experience I have, but I dont see how if we were all stopped, not moving, with distance between us, that everyone could have been at fault. I mean, we were not even in motion, how can there be any fault if your pushed into the car infront of you in a chain reaction?

Quick Reply: Wrecked my 07 600rr