Wow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow!!!

Just passed the 350 mile mark on the new bike. Took it up a nice mountain road today. Rode about 150 miles today (finally had the whole day off!!). Can't even explain how much fun this thing is. I'm loving it more and more every ride. Just came back home for a break, not used to riding in that position for long periods of time. It was kinda windy which sucked... every time I got on a strait and went over 60 I had to be in a full tuck to keep from being blown off the road. But oh well, it was worth it for the corners. Just thought I'd share my story and see if all you fellow CBR owners are loving it as much as me!

Old 05-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Default RE: Wow!!!

Sweet man! Good to hear you're having so much fun with it. Sport bikes are a bummer in heavy crosswinds because they present more sail area to the wind (more surface area for it to push on) because of the full fairings. A crusier suffers less because the wind can blow through it, so to speak. Apparently, sticking your kneeout a bit on the side the wind is hitting you helps the wind not blow you around as much because it diverts the wind backward and not straight against the side of your bike.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:40 PM

yea, sounds like you had fun. good to hear that.
your bike is kinda light and in windy situation I usually tend to go faster and push into the scream of wind. however, you should ride within your limits or whatever works for you.
i dont know if you tried this yet, but how is that bike with wheelies and stoppies? anyone have info on that?

Old 05-20-2007, 01:25 AM

The crosswinds were a pain in the ***. A steady stream of wind would be pushing me to the right, then a big gust would come and push me to the left. So the knee trick would not really work too well. I did go faster a few times and it helped quite a bit, but the road has quite a bit of traffic on it so I didn't want to go too crazy.

The front wheel comes up very easy. Havn't really done it on purpose, mostly just happened in first and second gear during hard acceleration. Havn't tried any stoppies yet, need to get used to it a bit more. But probably won't stunt it at all really. I live for the curves.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:00 AM

Sweet... Ive only got about 120miles on mine back and forth to work, been working 7 days a week so i can get all the parts i want fast, But i agree 100% with ya, i love it more and more every ride...
Safe ridin all

Old 05-20-2007, 08:31 PM

i will agree that front wheel comes up very easy in first and second gear. ive got mine up to about 90 in a wheelie and when the wheel comes back down its smooth as can be. yea no stoppies for me either i still dont trust myself enough to do any, besides i would just rather cruise around on it makin people drool

Old 05-21-2007, 04:21 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcha40

i will agree that front wheel comes up very easy in first and second gear. ive got mine up to about 90 in a wheelie and when the wheel comes back down its smooth as can be. yea no stoppies for me either i still dont trust myself enough to do any, besides i would just rather cruise around on it makin people drool
+1

Old 05-21-2007, 03:05 PM

yea... that bike does sound nice. I'll probably get one in a year or two