with or without gear?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default with or without gear?

Since this is a very active forum, I thought I'd take a poll. How many of you ride in full leather, jacket alone or t-shirt riders? Let the bashing begin, I'm a t-shirt rider for now. It's been up in the high 90's to low 110 with heat index all summer here. I am trying to decide on what jacket to go with; so far I'm leaning toward the Joe Rocket Alter Ego. Any suggestions? I know it's bad that I only wear t-shirts at times.... but at least I'm not a sandal/wife beater & shorts/skull cap rider.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:05 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: with or without gear?

Jacket with armor, gloves, jeans and boots. For summer riding I got the perforated AGV jacket. Still sweat in it but like somebody's sig line says "I'd rather sweat than bleed."

Old 08-30-2005, 07:17 AM

I have a dainese jacket but also ride in my t-shirt. I'll be wearing my jacket once the weather cools but for now I'm willing to take the risk and suffer the consequences if it comes down to that. I know i should wear my jacket all the time regardless of the heat but I just can't get myself to do it.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:46 AM

I live in phoenix and right now 110+ makes me wear t-shirt and shorts. Sometimes no helmet to but its only for short distances plus i live on the outskirts of town so there really is no traffic. I know its really not safe but i just take it easy around turns and stuff and i trust my riding

Old 08-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Retired Administrator

Thanks for being honest guys..... Does anyone have any comments on Joe Rocket Jackets? I'm looking at the Alter Ego.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:43 AM

I wear my leather jacket, pants, etc. when I leave town or get out on the highway. If I am putting around town I wear jeans and a tshirt. Always try to wear helmet also. I go workout about 5 blocks from home and just wear tshirt and shorts. Always have good shoes on and gloves.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:01 AM

Hey, Whats up CBR Nation!!! I have a First Gear Mesh-Tex 2 jacket & have gone riding without, but am getting back into the habit of wearing a jacket, jeans & boots all the time. I live in the DC area where its been in the 90s most of the summer. But when moving the wind flows through it & is pretty cool. Sitting @ the traffic lights suck... Being safe & wearing something GREATLY out weighs the consequences of not wearing something. So my word to all BE SAFE & ARRIVE ALIVE!!! Good riding to all.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:03 AM

Hey Guys. Just be careful! I am relatively new to riding, only got my license and bike in April. I never ever ride without a helmet. I also always wear at least jeans, boots, and my Joe Rocket Reactor jacket. It has decent venting so as long as you are not sitting at a traffic light, it's not too bad in the 90° + humid days. When I go out to pound the back roads, I also always wear my Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants. I really like them. They are vented yet have a bunch of armor. I also recently got a JR Speedmaster full suit and will start wearing that now that the weather has cooled some. I have had too many friends go to the hospital and have to use the roadrash brush (wire brush) so shorts and a t-shirt are not an option for me. Also head injuries are very serious. I have 2 little kids at home that need their Daddy, so the helmet is not optional either. It won't kill you to sweat a little. Use common sense, be careful, and ride safe!

Old 08-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Rev

I always wear gear....my girl got cut off by a car and seeing the pain she went through with even just some road rash cuz she was wearing capri's made me want to wear gear...you never know what can happend..and trust me....gear is defenitly cheaper then skin....Some people complain of dehydration...but you get more dehydrated when your skin is exposed in the sun.....i'd rather sweat my *** off..then have the risk of falling and ****ing up my body..

Old 08-30-2005, 12:23 PM

With gear....the idea is to eliminate risks! Road rash, cuts, tumbles, etc. hurts and the scrubbing the hospital does adds to the pain!

Quick Reply: with or without gear?