WHY HONDA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 04:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY HONDA?

Hey guys. I just signed up to the forum a second ago. Ive been surfing it for awhile, and I have to say, you guys know your stuff!

Well i'm 19, and im finally going to get a bike this summer. Now I am not saying that I know jack about street bikes, but I have a small amount of experience with 2 wheelers in general. I have ridden dirt bikes for ~3 years. My dad is an instructor at a local Motor Cycle Safety school. I have passed it 2 times. I have ridden a little bit on my dads 2 Goldwings, Pacific Coast(fun bike), 04 Harley Ultra Classic(peace officer special), which im sure you guys know are all FREAKIN TANKS! Way to heavy for me(5'11, 150lbs.)

But anyways I just wanted to introduce myself, and ask a question or two.

Why did you buy a CBR 600? Why not the GSXR? Why not the R6?

I am not saying that wasnt the right choice, just wondering. I am basing my choice on (in this order) performance, looks, how good of a starter bike it is, ect. Just shoot me some info on which is the best to start on, whats faster from a roll, reliability, ect. And before you start on all the safety issues, I KNOW the dangers of riding. Most of my dads friends have already lectured me on their past bad experiences. I am not looking to get on this bike and get on the highway acting like a normal 19 year old idiot with a new bike would. lol.

Thanks alot guys!!

Old 03-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Rev
Default RE: WHY HONDA?

Before i decided on buying my first bike I thought about reliablitly. I was planing on keeping my frist bike for a while so i went and bought the f4i. I started eyeing the RR and i kept thinking about it...i sold the f4i to my brother and i picked up the RR. Now I haven't rode gixxers or r6 yet BUT...My first opinion is that the RR has the best look. I started getting more into the bike scene and rode on both the r6 and gixxer. NOW...i'm so happy with my honda. The way I sit over the bike and positioning is so comfortable for me. I just didn't feel it on the r6 and gixxer....granted the seat is not the most comfortable but a 100 dollar mod and that's fixed...i love the undertail look, that's another plus...basically you do notice a difference in handling over the other bikes...the other bikes seem unbalanced to me...even just sitting on them...the RR just feels right..now granted HP wise it maybe mediocre..but seriously...this isn't the fast and furious life...i'd rather rip it on the track (where the handling comes in) then on the streets..especially after my accident..all in all...I love the RR over the others because:

Reliabiltiy
Handling
Comfortableness
Aggressive ****ing sexy look
Reliability
Reliability
Handling
and handling....

The bike just seems so perfectly balance...i can gun the throttle and the front won't come up as easy because of it's weight distribution...and have you checked out the swing arm....OH baby..haha..well i'm not a great tech but that's what my average *** noticed...good luck..GO RR!!!!!

Old 03-03-2006, 04:37 AM

Sounds good to me. Thanks alot REV. So im guessing that the RR is not up to par with the others in raw performance????? and you are right, This isnt the Fast and the Furious life. Its really not the most important thing, but it would suck going to the track knowing that the avg GSXR is going to beat you down the 1320. Is that the case??? I am leaning towards honda, but it never hurts to ask!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2006, 05:59 AM

Actually the 600rr has been considered by many publications to be the best all around sport bike there is (mainly competeing with the Kawasaki). It constantly has better times than the R6 and the GSXR on the track and strip... But with bikes of these caliber, it comes down to the rider.. They are all great. Ilove all bikes, from KTM, to Harley, to Suzuki. I loved the looks, and the performance, plus IMO it was the most comfaterable 6' 1" 200 lbs.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:37 AM

the cbr600rr is the best in the 600cc class for racing

Old 03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Keep in mind that when you read in motorcyle magazines that "this bike is faster than this bike, or has more power than this bike" you must check the actual times. Most of the comparable 600's (600RR, R6, GSXR-600, ZX-6) all finish within about a second of each other, both on the track and at the strip. And the guys that record these times are HIGHLY EXPERIENCED riders. The average joe is not capable of pushing any of these bikes to its limits--therefore, when pitting these bikes against each other on the street, it will almost always come down to rider experience and ability.

I love my 600RR. I've ridden my buddies R6 numerous times, and the seat positioning is more upright, which i don't care for. Also, i've ridden numerous GSXR's, and i don't really have a complaint about them...except my knees never really fit under the tank right. I'm only 6' tall, so this was a concern for me.

Get what's comfortable for you, and get something that you're gonna be able to look at every day and say "damn, i really like the way that looks." The most important thing is that YOU are comfortable on it, and that it inspires confidence in you. There's nothing more nerve racking then riding on a bike that you have no confidence in. My 600RR constantly reminds me that it can handle anything i wanna give it, and that i'm gonna be the one that gets it into trouble or a bad situation---not the other way around.

Just my 2 cents.

-Adam

Old 03-03-2006, 03:10 PM

what i liked about the bike as a new rider was

1 it looked better than any other bike.

2 more importantly i didnt have to deal with a TON of power down low as I was learning, the power ban is really high and is really fast if you want it to screem you can be there in a second but theres a place for noobys down low.

3 The bike doesnt just fall into aggressive leans you have to put it there, i felt like with the others they had a tendency to get you low to the road fast and if i wasnt ready for that it might not be the most comfortable feeling in the world.

4 reliable seller biggest thing

Old 03-03-2006, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

Keep in mind that when you read in motorcyle magazines that "this bike is faster than this bike, or has more power than this bike" you must check the actual times. Most of the comparable 600's (600RR, R6, GSXR-600, ZX-6) all finish within about a second of each other, both on the track and at the strip. And the guys that record these times are HIGHLY EXPERIENCED riders. The average joe is not capable of pushing any of these bikes to its limits--therefore, when pitting these bikes against each other on the street, it will almost always come down to rider experience and ability.

I love my 600RR. I've ridden my buddies R6 numerous times, and the seat positioning is more upright, which i don't care for. Also, i've ridden numerous GSXR's, and i don't really have a complaint about them...except my knees never really fit under the tank right. I'm only 6' tall, so this was a concern for me.

Get what's comfortable for you, and get something that you're gonna be able to look at every day and say "damn, i really like the way that looks." The most important thing is that YOU are comfortable on it, and that it inspires confidence in you. There's nothing more nerve racking then riding on a bike that you have no confidence in. My 600RR constantly reminds me that it can handle anything i wanna give it, and that i'm gonna be the one that gets it into trouble or a bad situation---not the other way around.

Just my 2 cents.

-Adam
your right bro

Old 03-03-2006, 04:28 PM

wow, Thats alot of great info guys. I might buy me a 250 ninja to ride a month or two and then step up to the RR. How long did it take for you guys to feel REALLY comfortable on you bike?

Old 03-03-2006, 04:35 PM

i never rode a bike in my life and the rr was fine it took me a week to feel comfortable just take it easy

Quick Reply: WHY HONDA?