why does our bike feel like it doesnt wana lean over

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: why does our bike feel like it doesnt wana lean over

dude those sport rider suggestion feel stiff as hell ....but that will improve cornering? I saw another forum where they figured the test rider was about 160 but jeeze....what do yall think

Old 03-18-2006, 02:51 AM

ya i used to have an r6 aswell i change tires and it is very sensative on turns it feels like it would just fall , but this honda cbr600rr that i just got it feels very staible all around. very smooth. to tell u the truth this bike is way better than the r6. be happy that u got this one,

Old 03-18-2006, 10:09 PM

ok all day twisty session .....I used the tire all the way down to the side....... still didnt wana lean......still never draged a knee

could it be the profile of the tires....like a flatter vs a more oval shaped

Old 03-18-2006, 10:15 PM

oh yeah i was F'n hangin off the bike two my outside calf was against the bike holding me on, i was pushing down on the inside bar and foot peg everything i knew........pics to come

Old 03-18-2006, 10:18 PM

maybe i need to be farther forward hmmmm

Old 03-19-2006, 03:18 AM

ORIGINAL: tweak mt

oh yeah i was F'n hangin off the bike two my outside calf was against the bike holding me on, i was pushing down on the inside bar and foot peg everything i knew........pics to come

What kind of tires are you using??? It seems like your having way too much trouble homey. Do me a favor and explain how you're counter steering? When I'm turning my inside hand is pushing away from me not down, and I have my out side peg weighted.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:20 AM

ok lets see..... ill have to think about it cause i just kinda look, lean and the bike goes there.....
braken before the corner
getting off the saddle on the inside and slightly forward feet tucked in on the pegs so they dont get riped off.....
start outside looking through the corner preferably starting on the throttle again.....
I would say i am pressing down on the inside bar more than pushing it out at this point (which i will have to try but havent made a conscious effort to do cause that just seems so counter intuitive) the inside of my calf on the outside of the turn is against the side of the bike holding me on cause my bodys off the other side
accelerate through the inside apex
back to the outside of the turn

my tires are D208 180 but like i said i used every bit of the rear tire but failed to mention the front tire still had some untouched places along the sides maybe correct counter stearing technique would give me more use of the front tire

oh yeah good story the first time we went up the mountian i totally pulled a stupid and just quit concentrating so im leading one guy trying to catch another guy and i dont know where my mind and any technique i was using went but i went into this one corner a little hot and it started tightening.......uh oh...... i needed brakes but there was no way i was going to touch them leaned over some so split second descion bike goes straight up and i use the hell out of the brakes before i go off, luckly into a grassy pull off at about 10 mph and the rear tire slides around a little bit....the guy behind me looks at me like WTF and goes on....I was kinda pissed and happy at the same time....happy that I made the right choice but pissed that i let it get away from me and that grass happened to be there.....maybe the fact that it was there influenced me to go there and if there was no grass i could have made the turn i dunno but it was a good experience just thought i would share

Old 03-19-2006, 02:59 PM

Take it easy homey. If not that comfortable on throwing it over, you might want chill a little. Wearing the front tire to the edge is caused by trail braking and loading up the front end kinda hard into corners. Don't worry about wearing the front right now. How warm are the streets getting in TN? And tire psi? If the street is still cold don't go crazy raising the tire psi (50 degrees and below). Too low of a psi will make the bike feel kinda heavy w/ the steering. When I had the 208 I thought they were pretty good but that was coming coming off a 207 and everything relative. I don't think its your Dunlops. If your a little moto savy you can try lowering the front end (raising the forks thru the triples) at the max of 5MM lower than the stock height. It will cause the bike to WANT to turn in quicker. Do you have a dampner?

YOU WILL ALMOST DEFINITLY NEED ONE AFTER THIS MOD!!!! Doing this mod will cause the Honda stability that our bike is known for to go back to Japan and never return unless you raise the height. The bike will get twitchy over bumps going straight and in the twistys. If your not comfortable or have no clue have a good shop do this for you. Doesn't have to be Honda shop. Any good shop should be able to. Be careful homey
[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 03-19-2006, 03:59 PM

no i have no dampener so ill just keep my stability in the states for now and like i said ill try to Consciously mess with the counter stearing a little bit

outside temp was probably mid 60 yesterday, it will get alot warmer before long

Old 04-18-2006, 02:25 PM

2 words......tire pressure

Quick Reply: why does our bike feel like it doesnt wana lean over