why does our bike feel like it doesnt wana lean over

Old 03-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does our bike feel like it doesnt wana lean over

ok so i like our bikes alot by what about it makes it feel like you really have to heave it into the corners? its like it just wants to be straight up. Ive riden my friends yamaha YZF and it just dives into the turns if you know what i mean, like it wants to fall over(not uncomfortable by any means but just not like ours), is it the seat hieght? what the heck causes it?

Old 03-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Default RE: why does our bike feel like it doesnt wana lean over

Tires and tire psi play a big role in dive in of a bike. Also I believe the R6 is a little lighter than RR with a higher center of gravity. Could be a coulpe other things too I've never owned a R6. When you figure out how the bike should be set up for your weight and style you won't ever feel that way again. Trust me.

Can I get an AMEN from the congragation. Please?

Old 03-16-2006, 01:20 AM

I think it is spelled congregation and AMEN brother 13brsxsrr (we gotta name nick for this guy!!)

First thing you should do is once you buy your ride is set up the suspension to fit your weight and riding style...owner's manual walks you through it

First mod on the bike!!

Old 03-16-2006, 01:24 AM

thx ill give it a looksee and let you know how at feels

Old 03-16-2006, 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

Tires and tire psi play a big role in dive in of a bike. Also I believe the R6 is a little lighter than RR with a higher center of gravity. Could be a coulpe other things too I've never owned a R6. When you figure out how the bike should be set up for your weight and style you won't ever feel that way again. Trust me.

Can I get an AMEN from the congragation. Please?
I was going to write the same thing about the tires...Michelin tires are more triangular and aid in the bike falling into the turn more, but the new Dunlops are suppose to be the same way.

That's some strong advice about setting up your suspension properly too...and don't forget about using proper technique!

Old 03-16-2006, 01:30 PM

yeah i have D208's 185's

using proper technique!
look through the turn, accelerate through the apex kinda stuff?

i mean dont get me wrong it gets me where i tell it to go it just feels like it doesnt lean as much

Old 03-16-2006, 07:20 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND SUSP SETUPS IM 155lbs the book doesnt anything other than what stock is....as of now its stock

Old 03-16-2006, 07:33 PM

The manual will walk you through how to asjust...SUPER EASY!!

honestly, just make a click at a time and see how it fits your riding style...totally custom to you...like a glove

Old 03-16-2006, 07:49 PM

I thought the same thing when I got my bike. My RR is my first bike ever and with the larger tire I just felt like it took a lot to get the bike to lean over. With tire pressure. Do I go with what the manual says?? What is a good PSI to have the front and rear tires at for cruising around town and the highway??

Old 03-16-2006, 10:33 PM

I run my fronts around 36-37 and the rears around 40-42 on the street... 32 and 35 on the track... Set the suspension up to your weight, I don't know what you guys are talking about with all this pushing I look one way and my bike is there... Just take the time to set your sag and compression... stiffening up the stock suspension is the way to go but it'll blow your seals sooner if you're not careful. read the manual and to see what all the adjustment is, and then go here http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=31578

and go here.. http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: why does our bike feel like it doesnt wana lean over