Where can I find people to ride with? I'm a Newb btw

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find people to ride with? I'm a Newb btw

Wusup everybody I'm new to riding, and just got my license 2 weekends ago and just myself an 03 cbr600rr. Don't know much about bikes being thisis my first but I am in love with her already lol. Where do you find others that ride usually? Just trying to meet newbies as well to learn from one another.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where can I find people to ride with? I'm a Newb btw

Posting where you are might help.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: team honda

Wusup everybody I'm new to riding, and just got my license 2 weekends ago and just myself an 03 cbr600rr. Don't know much about bikes being thisis my first but I am in love with her already lol. Where do you find others that ride usually? Just trying to meet newbies as well to learn from one another.
umm learn form good experienced riders not n00bs lol. On here n other forums. Look for a local forum alot of ppl post of those to meet up n ride. I dont know how you plan to ride, so I wont say anything else about that part of it so not to offend anyone. Ah screw that, Avoid squids lol they'll get you hurt n bad. Good luck with your bike n riding.

Oh yeah, take the MSF?

Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 PM

Yea actually i went thru the msf to get my license...id recommend that to anyone.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: team honda

Yea actually i went thru the msf to get my license...id recommend that to anyone.
Good job!!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:32 PM

good job, now team honda where is your location?????

Old 09-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Check out the Road Trips https://cbrforum.com/forumid_27/tt.htmand Regional https://cbrforum.com/forumid_54/tt.htmsections on the forum. When I moved to Columbus/Marysville, most of my riding friends were at least 2 hours away which was fine for a weekend trip but to ride with everyday, it just wasn't going to happen. Anyways, I posted "OHIO riding...?" in the Road Trips sectionand met alot of cool riding pals from this forum. Like Playful said, try learning from the more experienced riders, just ride at your own pace/level. Just don't be dumb, please wear your gear and be safe.

Also, if you ever have any questions, just ask one of us on here. There are alot of knowledgeable people on here who would be more than happy to help you out.

Glad to have you on the forum!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:15 AM

Good Job on going through the MSF course. Give the instructor/ Rider Coach a call, they'll usually know where to go to look for good motorcycle mentors to "show you the ropes"out on the street in a safe manner.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:33 AM

I guess Team Honda was very excited.... I looked @ his profile he's in maryland... TH, I'm in N. VA so your not that far away. But in your local area just cruise & your find some riders. Also Summit Point Raceway in WV, is a nice place to go. I usually go up there a few times a month.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:22 AM

Yea I was very excited about getting my license lol...Alot of people told me you know go with a 500cc or something less but I spoke to my instructor before purchasing the bike and he said I'd love it and not to get over confident and that I should be fine..Unlike him my boy in Reno was like bro you might as well take it to a parking lot and tip it over cause you are going to sooner or later lol what a pal..anyways I'm in Montgomery county md near gemrmantown...And thanks I've read alot on these forums and there are alot of experienced riders so i hope to learn alot..thanks again for your replies!

Quick Reply: Where can I find people to ride with? I'm a Newb btw