Wheelie Question???

Old 07-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelie Question???

alright i got a 05 600rr and i am trying to learn how to do wheelies.. my buddy says i need to find the right spot in rpms where i can pull it up and i was wondering if anybody knew what that point is? and if you could give me some other helpful tips on how to bring it up with ease and keep it up and not bring it over to far.. all the advise i get will be helpful.. thanks

Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Default RE: Wheelie Question???

I probably shouldn't be the one saying this. But more than likely other people are going to say to look in the stunters section or just do a search because this question has been asked a million times.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 AM

Get to know your bike better before you attempt a wheelie. I can't really give you an RPM range because all bikes and riders are different. Just ride your bike more, get comftorable with it and it will come. Don't try and do anything too soon, that's when you hurt yourself or someone else.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot - I have trouble keeping the front end down, so you should have no problem lifitng in the first 3 gears.

On the other hand, my wife's F4i did wheelies much much easier than my RR or her 05 RR.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:14 AM

Not being a smart *** 4 real. But if he has to ask what rpm then he should not be trying to wheelie and is no where near ready to even try.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:16 AM

just practice launching at a traffic light :P i tried it to see if it was as hard as everybody says to get right (it is), and picked the front wheel up a little. but don't worry about standing the bike up - when you fall off the back and let go of the throttle, the wheel will come down. haha but seriously though, i don't know how to wheelie, but based on other things i've learned in the past month (riding, riding one-handed, rev-matching, apexing in the twisties, u-turns, etc), just keep at it - at first, it's awkward and mechanical, and before you know it, it's second nature. just don't let someone else set your pace when it comes to learning to ride, or you're putting your life in their hands.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jchavers_2000

Not being a smart *** 4 real. But if he has to ask what rpm then he should not be trying to wheelie and is no where near ready to even try.
I agree with that.

Learn the bike, get a lot of time in the saddle (talking months, NOT days) before you go out trying to stunt it.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 AM

let it happen naturally - dont force yourself to learn a wheelie.. but like dpeach and cannibal said, get to know your bike first and once comfortable, go one step further then get comfortable there.. it will happen accidently one time (You will kind-of wonder the first time if you did it or not) but then keep getting comfortable with your bike and where you popped that wheelie (which my 06 1KRR is about 5-6K RPM's stock) and now i'm getting 12inch wheelies now (i pulled my first wheelie on this 4th of july night riding home), but nothing i can hold (too scared to pull on the throttle while doing it right now) but it all comes in time, i would rather be safe and practice on my bike then go too far and wreck it. I say you will learn it accidently because on my 95' CBR600 i watched all the how-to videos and went out to a parking lot at nights for at least an hour every weekend trying to force myself to pull one, all it did was frustated me and never learned off it (trust me, even the 95 would of popped one without clutch, i'm sure of it because a friend did it infront of me while i watched)

be safe on the roads, take it easy and the trick is - do it in 1st gear and start from there, a 05 600cc doesnt need to be clutched in first gear to pop a wheelie - try around 32-35mph in first (on the throttle) then deaccelerated by letting go of it real quick, then jump back on the throttle when your bike front goes down by the deacceleration of the bike - this will cause the bike to give it a nice little booster jump off the pavementand into the air - Start small tho, AND WEAR GEAR. just remember, let your bike do the work, you dont need to pull up on the handlebars nor jump down on the front to spring the bike up - that is pro techinques for like 6th gear (from what i've seen).

just FYI - I been on the 1KRR for 9 months now and i have owned a 95 CBR600 (3 years ago for 6 months before i wrecked it) get comfortable - and dont gettempted with hearing people asking you to do a stunt for them.

please be safe on that machine and welcome to the forums mesaball31

Old 07-09-2007, 06:03 AM

ORIGINAL: fishnride

Shoot - I have trouble keeping the front end down, so you should have no problem lifitng in the first 3 gears.

On the other hand, my wife's F4i did wheelies much much easier than my RR or her 05 RR.
F series bikes are better stunting bikes because their engine compartment is further back than a RR. just FYI.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 AM

RR's are a little harder to wheelie but i have no problem standin mine up, the only way to learn to wheelie is practice practice practice so hit up a parkin lot and practice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheelie Question???