L8X
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wheeli

dont

Old 05-09-2005, 11:26 PM

Wheelies are [sm=badidea.gif] ...

Not only is it dangerous to be doing on the street. The CBR engine gets oil starved when you ride a wheelie down the interstate like some of the so called "RAD" videos show. It's not designed to be tilted in such a manner.

I love those videos of the biker clubs. The guy is all cool while he's hanging 10 on a wheelie for 5 miles. Suddenly everyone is laughing their ***** off when the OOOPPS occurs and his bike explodes into a thousand pieces of road trash and he's a skid mark in the highways underpants.

I've NEVER tried to wheelie my CBR1000F. I like my bike too much for all 600lbs of it to land on me and get all scratched up.

Note: A guy died no less than 2 miles from my home on a curve. He ran off the road, hit a tree, and the bike landed on top of him. I actually found the guy and it was not a pretty site. He may have made it if he hadn't had the bike land on him. You could tell that he tried to get the bike off himself.

-Del

Old 05-10-2005, 05:38 PM

AHHHH BULL****.

I wheelie the **** out of my bike. I sprocketed up 2 down inthe front and 3 up in the rear. My friends have been wheelin his 03 6rr since he's had it, and he does 8mile wheelies... I think if you own a bike, have fun with it. Use it to its fullest, and **** it, WARRANTEEEEEE.

Speakin of ppl dying, you cant do **** to NOT DIE... you own a sportbike that does 170+, corners like a monster, and has everything you need. Sell your bike if dying is somethin you dont WANT TO DO, not sayin you will die, but its a chance everyone takes when you straddle that bike, or even jump in a car.

Old 05-10-2005, 05:55 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: OneWheelinRR

AHHHH BULL****.

I wheelie the **** out of my bike. I sprocketed up 2 down inthe front and 3 up in the rear. My friends have been wheelin his 03 6rr since he's had it, and he does 8mile wheelies... I think if you own a bike, have fun with it. Use it to its fullest, and **** it, WARRANTEEEEEE.

If the dealer has even a hint of abuse they have the right to void your warrantee on the spot

Old 05-10-2005, 06:46 PM

well black 600 the easiest way to wheelie a 600rr is to take off in first gear hit around 7000 to 8000 rmp pretty fast, let off the throttle and crack it again real quick... but not too quick... letting off the throttle lets the front shocks recoil back down the cracking the throttle again just bounces it up... thats the easiest way for me... just MAKE SURE you have your foot close to the back brake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just In Case!
Stephen-

Old 05-10-2005, 09:35 PM

I figured that would get a rise outta someone.

Folks buy their bikes for different reasons. If I had a CBR400, I'd probly wheelie the crap outta it too. But I would not do it on the street. I'd find a nice, large, empty parking lot to play with all my biker friends.

-Del

Old 05-12-2005, 04:13 AM

I work for the dealer so I guess its a different story. When we get bikes in that require honda's warranty to pay for damages and labor our techs look it over and give the estimate, and honda gives the ok. I ride every day with the techs, and Im sure if somethin went wrong with my bike I would be ok lol.. I HOPE!!.

Also, I cant quite keep my foot even near the rear brake, i need to adjust it since when I wheelie I stand up so its hard to keep your foot at a 90 degree angle while braking and holdin the wheelie.
I learned how to look on both sides of the bike now while sittin down. Im pretty stoked! 4 wks on my bike, and Ive come along way

Just keep tryin and tryin and tryin, WORD OF ADVICE: !!!!DONT STUNT/WHEELIE BY YOURSELF!!!! NOT A GOOD IDEA IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG.

best of luck to ya's.