Whats wrong with my bike?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with my bike?????

Can someone tell me the problem with my bike? I was on a ride and while riding I was getting an FI light and the bike would cut off and the it would cut back on(felt like the fuel switch being flipped on and off) then it would go away. So as I continued on the ride I had the trottle open but the bike was losing power. Wide open throttle and still losing power and slowing down. Looked over my shoulder and saw the big trail of blue smoke. Once I pulled over and got off the bike and looked at it I didn’t see any fluids pouring out or anything. I tried starting it back up but it wouldn’t because it sounded like the motor was seized and the battery was dying. Once I got it towed home me and a friend tore it apart and found oil in the airbox and oil was basically drippin out the exhaust end, oil was dripping out of the exhaust where the slip on connects to the headers by the oil pan and also oil is dripping out the headers where they connect to the engine. So I got all the oil cleaned out of the air box with throttle body cleaner, made sure oil level was correct, put in new spark plugs, new air filter, put some seafoam in the gas, got it back together and started it up and it is still smoking, almost all the oil has been drained out while its running. The oil is dripping out everywhere( the exhaust and headers) here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHt0W_db_lo

Old 11-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Default RE: Whats wrong with my bike?????

After watching your video, I think it might be a head gasket. How many miles on the bike?

It could very well have popped a hole right near the header and it is spraying out as it runs.
The F1 indicator is your Air Intake Sensor going off.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:51 PM

Yea, I wouldnt recommend running that anymore. Sounds like it must be a gasket or broken valve. Oil is getting through somehow, or dripping down, I cant really tell. If youve ran it alot like that, you may have to end up buying a new motor depend how much frictions youve caused. Have you been running to much or to little oil??? Being hard revving or anything?

Old 11-18-2008, 03:55 PM

i had over filled the bike with oil which i think may hace caused it. but since i had the problem i havent ran it but for the video.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

After watching your video, I think it might be a head gasket. How many miles on the bike?

It could very well have popped a hole right near the header and it is spraying out as it runs.
The F1 indicator is your Air Intake Sensor going off.
the bike has 35,000 miles.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:00 PM

Correction: I was unclear, the F1 indicator is not solely related to the air intake sensor, but rather I feel that the oil in the air box resulted in the indicator. I think you might have to yank her out and rip it down. You have some pretty serious mechanical failure going on for it to just be blowing oil out like that.

When you ran it for the video was it making any irregular noises?

Old 11-18-2008, 04:15 PM

no wasnt really making any strange noise but just smoking and spitting oil everywhere. i'm thinking it could be head gasket and piston rings. what u think?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:33 PM

They way it sounds and runs is almost like you have a hole in a piston. It sounds as though you have a heavy miss, and with all that oil blowing out, it seems like heavy lower end damage. Take that baby apart and report back. It seems like people never report their finds. I think if it were solely a blown head gasket, you would be burning coolant resulting in white smoke, and it would have overheated on you.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 PM

I think that heavy piston damage would explain all the oil in the intake. The way too excessive blow-by from the damaged piston would force large amounts of air through the pcv system and push oil from the crank with it up through the intake. Another theory could be the oil jets are spraying oil up through the damaged piston, and it is directly entering the exhaust that way.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 PM

got a used motor with 4000 miles on it off ebay for 480 shipped. i'll be parting mine out or selling the whole thing

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with my bike?????