Whats a good secure lock system for a cbr

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good secure lock system for a cbr

Hey guys need some advice.. After old dudes 07 got jacked security has moved to the head of the class for me ... What are som really good locks for our cbr's?? I've seen the disk alarm sounds like it will work as a deterent but i want protection as well.. Web adresses would be cool... Thanks guys...

Old 05-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Default RE: Whats a good secure lock system for a cbr

you should really research this on the forum. there is a ton load of descussions about this matter. for one, disk lock dont do crap!!!! alarm is a good thing do have but you should find a heavy stationary spot and chain your rear tire to it. if you are traveling and you dont want to lug around the heavy chain then you can buy a cable lock. many others have different methods to secure their ride.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:28 PM

Thanks i was headed for a good chain lock... may get the alarm sometime later.. I have a garage at home but work downtown at the hospital and park in the public garage so i definatly wanna get some security..

Old 05-19-2007, 05:24 AM

i've asked this before and it would be nice if one of you guys asked your dealer WHY don't our (your) bikes get fitted with H.I.S.S like all the other hondas around the world.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:33 AM

What is H.I.S.S...

Old 05-19-2007, 06:53 AM

it's kind of a immobalizer (but better)fitted to all hondas not sold in the US you get 3 keys including a red one (master key), if you lose them,the bike can not be started without them, even if you have a copy(or a screw driver)that hasn't been programed. you are only allowed 2 copies otherwise the ECU has to be replaced.
sure the bikes can still stolen but they would have to be lifted on to a truck and used for parts only.

a new ECU costs around $2,500 +keysand you would have to explain to a dealer why you need one.

you guys are the only ones who don't have them fitted to your bikes and it makesme think why........

i'll post a pic of the non US dash tomorrow.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: raptor

sure the bikes can still stolen but they would have to be lifted on to a truck and used for parts only.

a new ECU costs around $2,500 +keysand you would have to explain to a dealer why you need one.

this is why. most bikes do get lifted and parted out. or stollen from some tool who trashed there similar bike. I would still guess they could use there pcm and stuff to take your ride for good

Old 05-19-2007, 01:00 PM

You should just buy an anchor for your bike. You have to drill two holes into concrete and bolt a big metal hook to the ground and it will lock your wheel down....This will hinder them from stealing the bike unless they take off your front tire while they are out there. You could also use a big chain and wrap it around the frame and to the anchor and they wouldnt be able to steal it unless they have some hefty bolt cutters on them. Just make sure you buy a chain that is thick.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:02 PM

You can also use Rotor Locks...They are only about 20 bucks a piece and they lock both your wheels from moving

Old 05-19-2007, 02:34 PM

Im not to sure i could fit an anchor in my backpack....lol

Quick Reply: Whats a good secure lock system for a cbr