What type of security?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What type of security?

Just wondering what you use to secure your bikes while at work, group rides, home. Do you use a disc lock, chain, u bolt, alarm...?

Old 08-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Default RE: What type of security?

I USE NOTHING.

IF THEY WANT IT THEYLL GET IT... NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE ON IT.... CHAIN, LOCK, FORT KNOX, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS SNIP AND PICK IT UP... OR JUST PICK IT UP WITH A SPROCKET LOCK OR SOMETHIN LIKE THAT.

I valued my bike like my life. during my accident the first thing i said was"hows my bike" so i loved it and took care of it.

But that extra 10 seconds of stalling for a 50$ lock doesnt do ****. Save your money, and buy a garage i guess lol.... or sleep with it cause garages arent going to stop anyone.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

True -- but if my bike is locked and yours isn't -- hmmmm, who's bike they gonna get first. But you're right, locks and alarms just keep honest peeps honest -- a thief will take it if he want's it.

Old 08-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anybody know anything about electric alarms like the Scorpion systems?

Old 08-20-2005, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I just wish the facts about what you said weren't true. Anybody else have any thoughts?

Old 08-20-2005, 07:57 PM

I actually tie a string to my bike at home. I route it through the window into my room with a bell at the end. If someone tries to take it at night, both my brother and I still have our num chucks from our martial art training when we lived in Vietnam. If that bell rings in middle of the night, someone going to be in a lot of hurt. String = 5 bucks for a big *** roll. Bell, 8 bucks from local hardware store. Have at it. You can also replace the chucks with something like throwing knives, or a .22 hehe. Hell even those high powered pellet gun with send them packing.

Old 08-20-2005, 09:29 PM

I did the string to glass cup before... just to see what it would do, it worked the cup broke and woke my roomate up in the other room, but not me lol... I had my friend take it when he got home from work cause we would all be sleeping.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Minhtin

I actually tie a string to my bike at home. I route it through the window into my room with a bell at the end. If someone tries to take it at night, both my brother and I still have our num chucks from our martial art training when we lived in Vietnam. If that bell rings in middle of the night, someone going to be in a lot of hurt. String = 5 bucks for a big *** roll. Bell, 8 bucks from local hardware store. Have at it. You can also replace the chucks with something like throwing knives, or a .22 hehe. Hell even those high powered pellet gun with send them packing.
Are you serious about the num chucks because thats the funniest god damn thing I ever heard. And for safety my bike is in the barage and the 12 gauge is under the bed loaded

Old 08-22-2005, 02:57 AM

Hehe yea i was kidding bout that part. My brother keeps his sidearm in his closet and i have a pellet gun hehe.

Old 08-22-2005, 08:15 AM
Retired Administrator

Has anyone ever tried the audible alarms with motion sensors? I've seen them but wonder if they're worth the effort. How many times have you walked by a car/truck and ignored the alarm? But on the other hand... as much as I love my bike, if I walked by a bike with an alarm sounding, and a person messing with it... I'd have to raise a 9mm on them (FYI: I'm not an illegal gun carry idiot, I have a concealed weapon permit). Just kidding, or at least I hope I am. But my point is, I'd question a person around a bike because I'd appreciate it if someone did the same for me.

Quick Reply: What type of security?