what is pgm f1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is pgm f1?

ok, just bought my bike, i have done a little reading and so far i cannot come to a conclusion... im thinking my bike is an f4i but on my registration it says rr.

I have the 1 piece seat, it says pgm f1 on the side (wtf is that?) cant find it anywhere. it doesnt have the under ferring exhaust (also leans towards f4i) it does not say f4i anywhere though on it, but it doesnt say rr anywhere but the title/registration. also i bought this bike in italy and i heard they are dual spec as in us/euro, is that true? and how do i change my speedo to mph. anyways lets just say everything looks f4i but title says rr.

also i read some posts about rr vs f4i and if mine is an f4i there isnt any difference on the highway cause i ride right next to a buddy on his 07rr @230k+. and also will a mivv slip on sound good? its all i can really afford atm and i heard some with the full exhaust and they sound nasty but cant find just a slip on vid

thanks!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM

What year is your bike? Post pictures.

In 2004 Honda replaced the black frame with one in silver and a banana seat due to complaints of comfort and to differentiate the F4i from the 600RR. This model is the same as the CBR600F1 and onwards that was sold in the UK from 2001.

Two UK versions of the F4i were released in 2001. The CBR600F F1 and onwards had the banana style seat found on pre PGM FI bikes whilst the CBR600F FS1/FS2 (the F sport) were sold with the two tier seat units, black frames and various other performance upgrades as found in the US models. The F sport was discontinued upon the arrival of the CBR600RR in 2003.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

the pgm fi means its fuel injected. (the rr wont have "pgm fi" on it)
singe seats say f4i
if the bars mount above the triple clamp, f4i
somewhere in the tail section, there will be a sticker that says what it is.
the reg is wrong, as long as the VIN matches

take a picture....we will tell you

consult the owners manual to switch the gauge cluster from km, mi, c,f. just pushing and holding buttons.

not sure about the slip on sound.

Last edited by 74demon; 05-08-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:32 PM

its a pain to post pictures on here but it is banana seat, its an 05, said the 06 f4i was the last made i think. maybe it is an rr in uk spec or something lol but yea. im set on it being an f4i i dont mind... same difference just more comfortable. also it has the exhaust on the side. do all the cbrs with that engine have the big lopey sound? its freakin sweet lol. sound like a mini cammed 454 or something. i looked up some mivv slip on sounds on an f4i finally and it sounded pretty mean and they look exactly the same. i dont like the signal lights locations or looks though and especially the plate thing all together just looks retarded but i heard they make conversion kits? where would be a good spot to look for stuff that would send international

Old 05-08-2012, 03:54 PM

You have an F4i.

The UK spec RR is no different from the US or Euro version except for maybe some extra emissions crap on the californian models. :lol:

Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Yeah, F4i.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrlovernow
do all the cbrs with that engine have the big lopey sound? its freakin sweet lol. sound like a mini cammed 454 or something.
No, motorcycles don't sound anything like a large duration camshaft in a v8. Something is wrong with your bike. They are quite smooth running normally.