What the f**k

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default done

so i went to the shop today to pick up a mirror shield and some mirror bolts. i talked to the manager about the problem and had him reprint the reciept and explain what was up and if he had in fact put the wrong oil in my bike. after some explaining and what i think was some bull **** he explained that it was drum oil and it rang up 10 in front of the 20 50 or some **** like that. so any way what ever . bikes been riding great and no worries. if anyone is interested ill be letting her go next year for the 1000rr.let me know , and thanks everyone for your input.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Almost every major oil company has a FAQ section and they all say mixing oils is fine. I wouldn't be suprised if all motorcycle 10-40 was syn. based as its a very unstable type compared to 10-30 or 20-50.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JOS777
Not all 10w40 oil is synthetic, example car oils 10w40 are synthetic based (semi-synthetic).....motorcycle oils are different in fact car oils are used as engine oil only & motorcycle oils (4stroke) are trizone as used as an engine, clutch & gear oil all in one! According to the link provided by HANGFIRE re: amsoil motorcycle oil, there is a 20w50 synthetic oil but it's not recommended for honda, 10w40 is recommended by honda (check amsoil recommendations as well). So the point is exactly as SHADOWFAX said, if that's not what you've asked for take it back & tell them it's their mistake......still i don't like the fact of mixing oils especially of different grades & if it was mine I would change it! That's my opinion than it's up the bike's owner eh
Mixing oil weights is common practice. People do it all the time to get their own special blend and weight of oil, It's nothing new. He will be fine.