what to do

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do

so it looks like im going to be going into the navy to fly at the beginning of January my question is what to do with my bike while im gone for 13 weeks at OCS? I could get ride of it and buy another one or a Motard (cause they are awsome) when i get back (the motard doesn't look as sexy to the untrained eye but they are a blast, but then again I feel like they are an around town beater, if im going for long distances i would like to keep the CBR) I know few people when it comes down to it that i would deem responsible enough to "watch it/ ride it/ get the engine warm" while im gone.....seems like they get gremlins if they are left stored.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Default RE: what to do

I have a couple of friends 2 in the marines and 1 in the navy, they take their bikes where ever they go...they have them shipped by their family, he pays for the shipping, and they are allowed to ride them as long as is during the free time...I think the one on the navy has his bike in a storage facility and takes it with him where ever he goes,l but then again he is high ranked....and i hear the insurance in the SERVICE is really good...

Old 11-13-2006, 03:22 PM

Three months is a while, but I dont see it long enough to have your bike shipped and then shipped back if you are coming right back. I would say ride the gas out or put so stabil in there. Or, if you have someone you can TRUST, let um use it, but get it in writing that if the wreck it, they pay. I wouldnt sell it just for that, unless you are really intereted in something else.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:12 PM

just put some stabil in it, remove the battery, and cover it. It should be fine.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:38 AM

If you are just going off to OCS, I would definately store it. YOu won't have time to ride it much and it will probably be longer then 13 weeks before you are settled down enough to actually ride anyway. If nothing else, drain everything, disconnect the battery and store it in a storage unit. Some places will give you a better rate if you are in the military because they can track you down easier then most people.

Good luck at OCS, I doubt you have done anything like this before and won't ever do it again!!

Old 11-14-2006, 06:40 AM
Retired Mod

put it up on race stands, fill the tank with gas/stabil mix, hook up a battery tender, and throw on a cover. all will be fine when you return.

and i feel you on the motard thing. i've got a drz400. 03 (pre SM) model. but totally converted for supermoto. and still street legal. it's just a dirtbike to some people, but it's an absolute riot around town or in the twistys. jumping railroad crossings is a blast! it's hard NOT too act up while riding it.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:49 AM

cuz of my work like i said b4 in another topic i had to leave the state and go to suadia arabia and then to egypt .. unfortunatly i didnt know for how long im going to be here in egypt so i had my bike shipped by the dealer where i bought it from .. i cant stay away from her for one night ...( considering that time the bike on the ship im being killed every day till i see my baby .. hopfuly in couple days the ship will be here in egypt).. well the weather here in egypt is very very nice in the winter never rains ... so i cant wait .. if iwas u i will ship it if the weather is nice where u going . good luck

2006 cbr 1000kk was red now its black.