went down today

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went down today

Well the topic sorta summerizes it. I was riding up my mall today and on the road their was construction earlier and they never sweeped it up and gravel+bike= bad. I lost control of the bike and ran into the curb and i went flying and flipping for like 40 feet from where the bike hit the curb. The drivetrsin on the bike is fine but i messed up all the plastic. I also came out ok except for the broken coller bone and the road scratches. But i have gotta fix like 3/4 of the plastic so i was just gonna bike a whole new racing skin for it so does anyone know where i could buy one??

Old 12-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Default RE: went down today

Sorry to hear about the accident man. I know there is a some threads I've read on here about a few companies selling good fairing replicas. Do a search. Heal fast.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:11 PM

I will I will. I am just happy that im alive to be posting on here lol. Oh yeah every bike rider needs to wear a helmet at all times. If I was not wearing my helmet i would almost promise yall that i would not be here right now

Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your getoff...Glad you walked away from it ok for the most part! +1 on a helmet, As for parts, best better is to try ebay. Some members here have had great success with their ebay plastics.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:55 PM

yeah i looked on their and they got some i like but their 300 bucks and their their is another 300 dollar in the shipping fee cuz they all come from hong kong i guess. I'm real glad though that i was able to walk away. Like this was my first every having a full scale motorcycle crash so like i had no idea on if i was gonna like be ok from it.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:05 AM

Damn you hate to read these posts! Glad your ok! RE plastics from HK, keep in mind for the most part ive read those kits dont fit very well?? holes dont line up etc. Be careful about where you get it form, hope you heel up fast and get on the sattle again

Old 12-22-2008, 05:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear that you're mostly OK. Auctmarts has a new line of perfect fit fairings that are outstanding. Look over at 600rr.net for deals as well.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:48 AM

Get well man and be careful...rr.net does have a bunch of vendors on there. Glad to hear your ok

Old 12-24-2008, 06:22 PM

just remember that their are two types of riders, whose who have gone down, and those who will, so dont feel bad about wrecking! im happy to hear you came out alive and healing up( helmets and gear for the win! ). also glad your bikes repairable.

awhile back i had a lucky to be alive for a first wreck (over pass on the freeway), my bike was a total .Just remember to take iteasyand get used to riding again, i know it felt funny the first timea i through a leg back over!

also be sure to check the bike out well, things like bent forks, tweaked subframecan behard to spot sometimes! check the swingarm for slop as well, and double check most fasteners as a wreck can jar stuff losse!

hope you heal up fast, get the bike rolling again, and most of all, have fun and enjoy life

-Levi

Old 12-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: saber63

just remember that their are two types of riders, whose who have gone down, and those who will.
That's not true. I know people that have ridden for 30 years and never gone down.

It's a cliche that *certain people* like to repeat cuz they think they're supposed to.

Quick Reply: went down today