Which wash to use??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which wash to use??

Hey guys I just bought a brand new 09 CBR RR and was wondering the best wash solution to use. What do you use, and why? Thanks for the help all.

2 Samuel 22:33

Old 08-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Banned

[quote=ChadMOFoster;957075]Hey guys I just bought a brand new 09 CBR RR and was wondering the best wash solution to use. What do you use, and why? Thanks for the help all.

i use anything i can find in the garage thats soap and after i blow it off with the airline i use honda polish.... then lube the chain

Old 08-13-2010, 11:42 PM

soap and water. Plexus after it dries and between washes

Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 AM

@hparker619 i appreciate the advice, i just wanted to keep her lookin pretty.
@willcbr600rr yea i bought plexus, have not used it yet but was told it was the best stuff to use. thanks again guys, God bless

Old 08-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would use anything like meguires. Never use like dawn dish soap since it can dry out your paint. In between cleaning a good detailer in a spray bottle works perfect.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Krux
I would use anything like meguires. Never use like dawn dish soap since it can dry out your paint. In between cleaning a good detailer in a spray bottle works perfect.
ok i gotta ask ...... dawn dish soap since it can dry out your paint?????????? i was a painter at a pro body shop for 9 years ... and i'd really like to know how it will dry out your paint ? its already dry ......

Old 08-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hparker619
ok i gotta ask ...... dawn dish soap since it can dry out your paint?????????? i was a painter at a pro body shop for 9 years ... and i'd really like to know how it will dry out your paint ? its already dry ......

From dawn dish soaps website.

Questions about Dawn® Dish Soap

What is in Dawn dishwashing liquid?

Can I use Dawn to clean things other than dishes?

How does Dawn compare to other dish soaps?

How does dish soap take out stains on clothes?

Which Dawn dish soap is better for me?

Can I add bleach to Dawn dish liquid?

Is Dawn Dish Liquid safe for sensitive skin?

Which company owns Dawn?

Does Dawn offer antibacterial hand soap?

What is the history of Dawn?

Are Dawn Antibacterial Hand Soaps to be used only as
hand soaps, or can they also be used as dishwashing detergents?

Am I supporting a good cause by using Dawn dish liquid?

SPECIAL FEATURES What is in Dawn dishwashing liquid?
While specific Dawn dish soap ingredients vary from one Dawn dishwashing product to another, all Dawn dish soaps are formulated to suspend grease so that it can be rinsed away with water easily. Because of their chemical makeup, Dawn products leave behind no residue or streaking. They are great at grease cutting and rinse cleanly away. The Soap & Detergent Association provides a list of general ingredients commonly used in hand dishwashing products. For more information about Dawn dish soap ingredients and safety considerations, see our Material Safety Data Sheets.

Dawn dishwashing liquid has been known for superior grease-fighting power since it was created in 1973. Dawn products remove grease very effectively. Some even carry the Good Housekeeping Seal. And we haven't stopped there. We continually strive to find ways to innovate and offer great dishwashing solutions for consumers' changing needs. One way to find out how Dawn compares is to check out liquid dish soap comparisons written by consumers. Read Dawn product reviews right here on Dawn-Dish.com.

We understand that different Dawn users face different dishwashing challenges. That's why we've created a family of products with a variety of special features. For example, Dawn PLUS with Power Scrubbers™ is perfect for those who'd rather not soak baked-on food messes. Use our special tool to help you Discover Your Dawn.

Yes. While it is specially formulated for grease-cutting, Dawn products are gentle enough to wash hands. Dawn PLUS Hand Renewal is formulated to improve the look and feel of your skin and give you softer feeling, more beautiful hands in just five dish washes. Also try Dawn Pure Essentials, which is dye-free and hypoallergenic.

Yes. Dawn offers antibacterial versions of several dish liquids. These products have an added ingredient, triclosan, which helps fight germs on your hands when used as hand soap. Try Dawn Direct Foam™ and Antibacterial Hand Soap, Dawn PLUS with Power Scrubbers and Antibacterial Hand Soap or Ultra Dawn Dishwashing Liquid and Antibacterial Hand Soap.

Are Dawn Antibacterial Hand Soaps to be used only as hand soaps, or can they also be used as dishwashing detergents?
All Dawn products are formulated for dishwashing. Products that are also labeled as Antibacterial Hand Soaps may also be used to reduce bacteria on your hands when used as hand soap.

Dawn is so effective in cutting grease on dishes that over the years, consumers have used Dawn on other greasy messes around their homes, from cleaning kitchen messes like grease build up on the stove range hood to oily spots in the garage. Dawn is not recommended for window cleaning, car washing, body wash or washing hair.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Krux
From dawn dish soaps website.

Questions about Dawn® Dish Soap

What is in Dawn dishwashing liquid?

How does dish soap take out stains on clothes?

Can I add bleach to Dawn dish liquid?

Which company owns Dawn?

What is the history of Dawn?

Are Dawn Antibacterial Hand Soaps to be used only as
hand soaps, or can they also be used as dishwashing detergents?

Am I supporting a good cause by using Dawn dish liquid?

SPECIAL FEATURES What is in Dawn dishwashing liquid?
While specific Dawn dish soap ingredients vary from one Dawn dishwashing product to another, all Dawn dish soaps are formulated to suspend grease so that it can be rinsed away with water easily. Because of their chemical makeup, Dawn products leave behind no residue or streaking. They are great at grease cutting and rinse cleanly away. The Soap & Detergent Association provides a list of general ingredients commonly used in hand dishwashing products. For more information about Dawn dish soap ingredients and safety considerations, see our Material Safety Data Sheets.

Dawn dishwashing liquid has been known for superior grease-fighting power since it was created in 1973. Dawn products remove grease very effectively. Some even carry the Good Housekeeping Seal. And we haven't stopped there. We continually strive to find ways to innovate and offer great dishwashing solutions for consumers' changing needs. One way to find out how Dawn compares is to check out liquid dish soap comparisons written by consumers. Read Dawn product reviews right here on Dawn-Dish.com.

We understand that different Dawn users face different dishwashing challenges. That's why we've created a family of products with a variety of special features. For example, Dawn PLUS with Power Scrubbers™ is perfect for those who'd rather not soak baked-on food messes. Use our special tool to help you Discover Your Dawn.

Yes. While it is specially formulated for grease-cutting, Dawn products are gentle enough to wash hands. Dawn PLUS Hand Renewal is formulated to improve the look and feel of your skin and give you softer feeling, more beautiful hands in just five dish washes. Also try Dawn Pure Essentials, which is dye-free and hypoallergenic.

Yes. Dawn offers antibacterial versions of several dish liquids. These products have an added ingredient, triclosan, which helps fight germs on your hands when used as hand soap. Try Dawn Direct Foam™ and Antibacterial Hand Soap, Dawn PLUS with Power Scrubbers and Antibacterial Hand Soap or Ultra Dawn Dishwashing Liquid and Antibacterial Hand Soap.

Are Dawn Antibacterial Hand Soaps to be used only as hand soaps, or can they also be used as dishwashing detergents?
All Dawn products are formulated for dishwashing. Products that are also labeled as Antibacterial Hand Soaps may also be used to reduce bacteria on your hands when used as hand soap.

Dawn is so effective in cutting grease on dishes that over the years, consumers have used Dawn on other greasy messes around their homes, from cleaning kitchen messes like grease build up on the stove range hood to oily spots in the garage. Dawn is not recommended for window cleaning, car washing, body wash or washing hair.
they maybe talking about it might take off the wax ......... just before i paint i always wash parts /cars with it .............then after it drys i whip it off with a good whip down cleaner .... but its not going to dry out the paint