Wanna Screw....?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanna Screw....?

LoL, I got one in my front F**CKING tire if you want it! Just after buying a new shoei helmet, Exhaust, and a CW FE..

I walk out today in my garage and push my bike out to start it up and let it warm before work. I notice it's a little hard to push today and i hear the tire gripping the garage floor. I set it over on the stand take a look and see a half flat tire. Well being as my buddies had been over earlier i assumed it was one of them being dumb asses and let air out. So i put 39pounds in her crouch and listen and feel for any leak if there was one and nothing. I take off to work checking it at both breaks( i work at a motorcycle/atv warehouse so we have a compresser for mounting tires if i needed it for air) and nothing. Leaving work i notice for some reason it is pulling left and it literally took extra effort to straighten the bike after turning left and it felt uneasy going right. I arrive to get food after work and my buddy says oh that sucks you have a screw in your tire....I'm like real f**king funny shut your mouth, he is like im serious look.
Sure enough a big *** screw dead center of my tire...Lucky me huh?

So my question is what should i get if i am replacing just the front (they only have 1700 miles on them also ) that is either stock or will handle like it.

Edit:.....And how hard/long is it to switch out the front (have the ****ty tire removed and new one mounted etc by the dealer) then put the wheel back on.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Default RE: Wanna Screw....?

I would get it plugged if possible, but make sure it's an umbrella plug...that's just me though...most people will tell you to get a new tire, because you'll die if you don't (even though I've plugged more tires than I can count).

Old 06-23-2006, 03:21 PM

ive plugged (regular plug) my rear, it held its own for about 5000 miles, and pretty much the tire needed replacing anyway. i wouldnt reccomend using the regular ole plug like i did on your front, but the umbrella type plugs are really good. i would personally ride with one in the front no worries.

Old 06-23-2006, 03:44 PM

that really sucks. My buddy picked up a screw and he plugged it and he is fine now. Rides just like before. Shop should be able to do it really fast.