The Verdict on my 140mph Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Verdict on my 140mph Speeding Ticket

Not sure about 140 in PA but I will tell you you see a LEO coming after you pull over ASAP. I been driving motorcycles in PA for over 16 years and not one ticket out of the half a dozen times been pulled over. I would say the fastest was a little over 100+. I even pulled over after Johnney Law saw me kicking a wheelie down the parkway pulled right over, had a chat, yes sir, no sir, ... and let me go.

Moral of the story for PA, you have a great chance getting let go if you just pull over ASAP and not play games or risk your life.

Old 03-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Muz

4 cops and a helicopter and they let him go??? He must of saved some old ladies life ealier that day

Good for him but I'm thinking the Officers had a higher priority run to go to. As much as I like to see anyone "safely speeding" get a warning, here in Columbus, the attention over the radio alone would have warranted some kind of ticket even it was just an equipment violation.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:59 AM

hey man, you must be realllllyyyyy fast... maybe even with your typing.... because its so fast that you misspelled a lot of the same words... good for you though, that you still have your bike...

Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: herb600rr

hey man, you must be realllllyyyyy fast... maybe even with your typing.... because its so fast that you misspelled a lot of the same words... good for you though, that you still have your bike...
Hey Herb, good to see that you are forming full sentences that others can understand!

Old 07-02-2006, 02:46 PM

I received a ticket for doing 90 in a 50 down here in TexASS...Im licensed in CA, cop told me he could arrest me cuz Texas and CA dont work together...he didnt arrest me cuz im military stationed in this place, but the standard for 40 over the speed limit was enough to irritate someone...$280. Thankfully, since Texas and CA legal systems differ, that wasnt reported to my CA license...kick ***.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: milletary

Not sure about 140 in PA but I will tell you you see a LEO coming after you pull over ASAP. I been driving motorcycles in PA for over 16 years and not one ticket out of the half a dozen times been pulled over. I would say the fastest was a little over 100+. I even pulled over after Johnney Law saw me kicking a wheelie down the parkway pulled right over, had a chat, yes sir, no sir, ... and let me go.

Moral of the story for PA, you have a great chance getting let go if you just pull over ASAP and not play games or risk your life.
+1 on that. I learned my lesson a few years ago and never again. Since then I've stopped evey time smokey flashed me. Group or solo only gotten epuipment violations and in the great state of N.Y. you have till sun down of the following day to "fix" any problems. Play nice w/ them and they play nice w/ you.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:01 AM

It must of been the suit you was wearing

Old 07-03-2006, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: milletary

+2 I actually stopped too quickly for an officer one day. Think he was gonna try to pull me over for a noise violation. I sped up down an empty road, knew that their is usually a speed trap ahead, downshifted and had my old kawi screaming (F1r dual slip-on's.) To no avail, he pulled out and throw on the lights. I had anticipated this so I pulled over right away. Seems like the poor guy was expecting a chase and couldn't stop in time. He did one of those, opps I can't stop so I'll slow down, glare at you, and then hit the gas and shut off the lights. That made my day

Old 07-03-2006, 01:23 PM

nice.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:41 AM

Ya'll have some pretty lucky let off stories. Not a single one would fly in Va Bch. I was doing the speed limit (55) {very rare} and a semi decided he needed my lane more than I did. So I wrapped the throttle to get out of the way. Just as I'm clearing the nose of the truck, a pig jumped up from the other side. Having a lack of road and bumper to bumper traffic ahead i decided to stop. The jerk gave me a 70 in a 55!!! Even after he witnessed the truck get over on me. I told him it was out of self preservation, he said "too bad" They can plant a big fat one on my tailpipe if they think I'll ever stop again.

Quick Reply: The Verdict on my 140mph Speeding Ticket