Uh oh...I pulled the trigger on a Graffiti : )

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I went from this (ZG dark smoke DB)

To this (OEM)
Name:  2011-08-18125601.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  100.8 KB

Ha! I REALLY dont like the look of a dark tinted windscreen on a graffiti. I does not look right (too dark). Also, the zg db that was on the bike when I purchased it is WAAY to tall and odd looking with the lines of the bike!

So I've got a few random questions.

1. Should I leave the OEM screen stock or tint it? I have a close friend who tints professionally, and everything is free for me. I was thinking of going with a light smoke tint but am worried about the contrast/step from the black bottom half (with HONDA lettering) to the new lighter smoke tint. Think this will look odd?

2. I read a while back that people adjusted their highbeam headlight to angle lower so that the high and low beam looked identical (I.E. dual low beam lights) Is this feasible? If so how is it done? Where is the adjuster?
I know on my F4i the actual reflective housings were different thus you could not simply adjust one of them you had to replace the highbeam housing all together.

3. I have small surface scratches on the plastic that your thighs rest on. The plastic piece between the tank and fairing/seat. SInce this is a rather smooth and finished surface, is there anything I can do to "buff" it out without messing the finish? In the dark you cannot see the scratches but in the light it most def is a scraping blemish.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober

So I've got a few random questions.

1. Should I leave the OEM screen stock or tint it? I have a close friend who tints professionally, and everything is free for me. I was thinking of going with a light smoke tint but am worried about the contrast/step from the black bottom half (with HONDA lettering) to the new lighter smoke tint. Think this will look odd?
I would tint it. I think they look badass tinted.

2. I read a while back that people adjusted their highbeam headlight to angle lower so that the high and low beam looked identical (I.E. dual low beam lights) Is this feasible? If so how is it done? Where is the adjuster?
I know on my F4i the actual reflective housings were different thus you could not simply adjust one of them you had to replace the highbeam housing all together.
I don't know where you read that if I were you then I would leave it. I wouldn't want to not have a bright.

3. I have small surface scratches on the plastic that your thighs rest on. The plastic piece between the tank and fairing/seat. SInce this is a rather smooth and finished surface, is there anything I can do to "buff" it out without messing the finish? In the dark you cannot see the scratches but in the light it most def is a scraping blemish.
Use a buffer with some finesse on it. Should clean it up real nice.

Blake I'm going to say say something and this is just my 2 cents and by no means do I mean any disrespect. LEAVE THE BIKE ALONE and just ride it. You have a beautiful bike and you should just leave it as is. I mean things like flushmounts, windscreen, levers, pipe I get but there is no need to adjust the headlights you know. I know you are a perfectionist like myself but sometimes you worry too much like clutch lever play. Like I said just my 2 cents. I hope we are still friends . Beer on me next time your in Chicago

Last edited by R Dub; 08-18-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:48 PM

Tint it. 100% Tint it. Or we won't be friends anymore.

Leave the headlights alone. There are times you want a High beam.

And get some Plexus and a nice microfiber cloth and go to town.

EDIT: and get an integrated Tail ASAP. and a Yoshi

Old 08-18-2011, 09:57 PM

Ryan - Ha I know man...sometimes I have to step back from myself and be like "dude, let it go! Theres going to be a time where shel get scuffed or god forbid vandalized or dropped so stop being a doucher!" haha

Beers on me brosif

Nate - IT/FE is a must....itl be installed right before my akra titanium.......owhhhhhh CHIT!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:02 PM

Heh like I said I really like my TST unit.

andddddd I can't really fault you for the Akra!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:18 PM

So....last **** post I promise...but Ryan you brought it up/your fault....I havent checked the manual for the correct spec but after adjustment (which is tight to my liking, maybe to taught for most) this is what my lever play looks like...it just seemed waay too loose stock.

Name:  2011-08-18201125.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  58.5 KB

Old 08-24-2011, 07:42 PM

Update! With the OEM windscreen on...so much sexier

Name:  2011-08-19174402.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  87.6 KB

Old 08-25-2011, 11:35 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Looking good Blake. Are you going to do a light tint on the OEM screen now or leave it as is?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:09 PM

man looks way better. Good job so far.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:50 PM

Thanks Ryan/Nate!

I think I'm going to keep it OEM! I really like the clear look on the already murdered out style of the graffiti..

Only mods left are an IT and akra Titanium slip on!

Quick Reply: Uh oh...I pulled the trigger on a Graffiti : )