TZRTony aka Tony Costa in San Leandro, CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TZRTony aka Tony Costa in San Leandro, CA

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS MEMBER! SCAM!!

I'm not one to dog on anybody, but this member informed me in the middle of december that he had several 03 600RR parts, and one of them was a front fairing. I sent him a check for $150 + $30 for shipping, $180 total (i know, i'm stupid) and he cashed the check. No parts, will not respond to emails or PM's, nothing. It has been over 3 weeks.

I have filed a police report both in my hometown and in San Leandro, CA, and the detectives there are taking care of it. Just wanted to warn everyone. So i'm still $180 out with NO front fairing. Anyone got one? lol

-Adam

Old 01-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Default RE: TZRTony aka Tony Costa in San Leandro, CA

tell you're Bank you never wrote that check someone forgered you're signature good chance you will get you're money back

Old 01-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bling, please say you are joking. No offense dude but if not keep this stupid advise to yourself.

If anyone lies to the bank giving the bank false information it is called fraud and with out looking it up I’m betting it is a felony. In fact since it involves the US mail and if isolated sent the check over state lines it would be mail fraud and would be a felony if he tried to lie to get his money back. In effect it is no different then the original crime that isolated1523 is a victim of, the theft of $180.

Not only is it wrong but here is why it is stupid, if you have a checking account with a bank then that bank has your signature on file and when the check makes it back to them they will compare the signatures when they investigate the alleged crime. In this case the bank will see that isolated1523 wrote the check and then the investigation will focus on isolated. If it is a slow week a good investigator will discover that isolated owns a motorcycle and it is my bet that he wrote “motorcycle parts” or something like that on the memo section of the check. Also keep in mind isolated already reported the crime to two law enforcement agencies.

Remember it is the dumb ones that get caught.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:46 AM

Yea thats not smart Im sure the detectives will take care just give some time.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:39 PM

hey man
sorry to hear ya got conned by that **** outta san leandro
hopefully someone will catch him