Two more down!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Two more down!!!!

ORIGINAL: cjp48

If a corner is posted at 35 MPH, that means you can comfortably get around it at 40, or perhaps more.
I thought the rule was to add 100 mph to the posted speed [&:]

RIP and I will continue to pray for their families... [&o]

Old 10-10-2006, 12:46 PM

I Hate to hear about "ANY BODY" being killed on a motercycle especially our SPORTBIKE breatheren, I feel all we can do here is to keep talking about rider awareness, riding within our means and our safty gear. sorry to hear about "TWO MORE DOWN" may they rest in piece [&o]

Old 10-10-2006, 01:05 PM

Maybe there should be a "noob questions" section, so that you could go in and see if what your asking is so silly and pedestrian that it has been covered on boards like this endlessly. I'm not being a smart@ss !! It just seem to me that there are questions e/one asks when they're new, and a sort of standard or tolerance on a peticular board for the guys who ask em. I'm not calling a/one out as a noob, not my place, but it does seem like most of these questions have been asked/answered. Maybe "Top 20 noob questions you don't really have to ask." So sorry to hear about another bikers death. RIP

Old 10-10-2006, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

ORIGINAL: cjp48

If a corner is posted at 35 MPH, that means you can comfortably get around it at 40, or perhaps more.
I thought the rule was to add 100 mph to the posted speed [&:]

RIP and I will continue to pray for their families... [&o]
I ride within my limits and a 35mph corner (most of the time) can comfortably be taken around 70. And the 40mph around 80-85mph and the 45mph turns well those aren't even really turns those you can bomb through.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it me or does it seem like all the beginners are buying 600RR's? I read alot of posts in the F4i and RR forums and alot more new members have their first bike in the RR section asking questions that if they don't know the answer, they shouldnt be on that bike!

What are we to do other than tell them....make a faces of death section to scare overzealous newbs?

Old 10-10-2006, 09:04 PM

Well, In regards to e3godons post, I believe a lot of that has to do with the dealerships and what they carry. I live in Orlando and Destin Florida throughout parts of the year and in neither of the places (only the ones I have been to, I cannot speak for all) do not even carry anything smaller than a 600RR (or equivalent). I went to 4 dealerships in Olando and 2 in Destin (2 of 3) and neither of them carried a F4i or anything smaller. The Yamaha/Kawi Dealership detures you away from smaller bikes when you ask about them (such as a 500cc or 250cc Ninja). They tell you you might as well just get a 600 so you dont have to upgrade. Same as the Honda Dealership. I asked just out of curiosity about the F4i and they said they dont really carry those a lot and if I wanted a 600cc bike, I might as well get a 600RR (which I already had). I dont think it is all on the part of those who want to get a bike, or do not have enough money to get a used bike, then sell it and upgrade later down the road. We have had 5 motorcyclist die here in Orlando in the last 3-4 weeks. Three of them were police officers or firefighter. ITs horrible around here. Everyone who hit them did not have a proper drivers license because they were here illegally.

RIP to those who passed on and let prayers be with those families.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:36 PM

If any of you more experienced riders have any advice on how to keep us all from being killed please offer it.
wear gear!!!!!!!
o8[sm=hiya.gif]

Old 10-11-2006, 06:16 AM

ORIGINAL: e3gordon

Is it me or does it seem like all the beginners are buying 600RR's?
asking questions that if they don't know the answer, they shouldnt be on that bike!
+1
I'll say that a 600 isn't the best starting bike, but if the individual reads about riding, takes the courses and has enough responsibility not to get in over their head then a 600 is a decent first bike. In some cases people buying one then 2 weeks later had a catastophic crash, hell, even two days later. Is a 600 good for a 30 year old first time rider; can be done well. Is a 600 good for a 17 year old who only wants to go around showing off and street racing; F NO! It really depends. Now the people that buy a liter as their first bike, well, that's a diferent story and usually not a good one at all.
I really have to laugh at questions like this post, about the "shift light", or "how to adjust suspension settings", "don't know if they have a wet or dry clutch". Funny that I never see any 'real' questions like "how many cc's of fork fluid are in each leg", or "how often should I change out brake fluid". Instead I just see "will my power commander give me more hp" hahaha, oh well, to each his own.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: FATHEADS1KRR

Maybe there should be a "noob questions" section, so that you could go in and see if what your asking is so silly and pedestrian that it has been covered on boards like this endlessly. I'm not being a smart@ss !! It just seem to me that there are questions e/one asks when they're new, and a sort of standard or tolerance on a peticular board for the guys who ask em. I'm not calling a/one out as a noob, not my place, but it does seem like most of these questions have been asked/answered. Maybe "Top 20 noob questions you don't really have to ask." So sorry to hear about another bikers death. RIP

we should make a FAQ sticky thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: camrann

ORIGINAL: FATHEADS1KRR

we should make a FAQ sticky thread
+1