Two more down!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two more down!!!!

I dont really know what to say about this, but two more biker buds died the other day(this now makes 4 in 2 weeks). If any of you more experienced riders have any advice on how to keep us all from being killed please offer it. I have a few tips:

1. That crap they are using as crack filler on asphault is extremely dangerous!!!!!!!!!
2. Just know that every person in a car is out to kill you.
3. Learn your limits. Find an empty parking lot and see how fast you can stop these things. Graduate your levels: Start at 30 then 50, etc.(this is more for new riders)

It just sucks that no matter how much motorcycle awareness activities, (Bikers, Blues, and BBQ, etc..) just seems to make people that do not belong on motorcycles go buy a blade (then they get themselves killed or just give us sport bikers a bad name) This is a good site, but we owe it all to ourselves to bring awareness to all how not to be too confident or just plain stupid on these.

Sorry for the rant, but too many people are dying!!!!

Old 10-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Two more down!!!!

Sorry in advance, but I'm about to be extremely blunt...

...For what I want it for the 6's do nothing for me!!!!!!!! The roads I ride are like laguna seca, smooth kickass roads with blind super fast corners, 120mile an hour str8's, absolutely no traffic. Well, some traffic, that just makes it more fun!!!!...
Do you think this has something to do with it? .......it's a quote from one of your posts from another thread. If this is true, maybe you guys should take a step back and re-evaluate how you guys are riding.

That sucks that two of your buds died though, I hate to see fellow riders ending up on the evening news.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:53 AM

Getting over confident and lack of respect for the bike seem to be a regular cause.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:55 AM

sad but true, +1

Old 10-10-2006, 02:04 AM

welcome to motorcycling.

now listen when we say something. it's not because we're cautious, it's because we know that the fuq we are talking about.

christ... listening to all the whiners talk about how they're ready for a 600 after a few jaunts on a cruiser. they don't have a god damn clue. yeah, crack filler (tar in most areas) suck. but that's something i learned on my EX, and thankfully so. i damn near died because there was so much built up on my back tire that it skittered out from under me, front tire was worthless for braking i could have very well slid out into traffic (see the 1st bike purchase thread, that story was nearly me one year ago).

if you want to take super fast blind corners, do it on the track for god's sake. at least you have kitty litter to roll into, and not a fuqing 4 ft tree. the shear retardedness of doing that on the road is beyond comprehension. Death himself watches corners like that. he makes dumb **** happen to dumb fuqing people.

stay the speed limit on the back roads. use your god damn head when you ride. Otherwise people will continue to die, maybe you're next...

Old 10-10-2006, 02:19 AM

Hey Knightsucker, first of all I did not know them. Second, if you had read the entire thread you would have realized that I was just trying to be a smart ***. Third, I started this thread to help new riders from killing themselves but were AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said before, this is a good site but we owe it all to ourselves to help people from doing stupid **** like DYING!!!!!! I live in a small town of only 72000 and there have been 4 deaths in 2 weeks. Im old enough, but my mother is freaking out, and rightfully so. We need to raise awareness rallies or something to promote safe but fun riding and not just on a track, as most of us live about 4 hours from the nearest one.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 AM

RIP

Just gotta ride like everyone is out to kill you, and that is because they are! Since starting track days I've toned it way down on the streets and I am still having just as much fun. On the track is where it's time to let loose.

Be nice, we are ALL on the same team!

Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 AM

First of all, I didn't say you knew them.
Second, I did read the entire thread.
Third, there's nothing that we can say here that's going to make someone think about how they ride directly. we can tell story after story about personal incidents, and people say, "Nah, that ain't me... it'll never happen" and move to the next thread. I haven't said anything that wasn't productive. Most of these **** slappers that are going around starting their life in motorcycling on a machine such as this and claim to be level headed, have their head shoved so far up their own *** that they could perform a colonoscopy by themselves.

so you tell me, how are we going to help other retards who don't frequent forums like this understand that what they are doing goes against the grain of safety? tell me that. becasue honestly i think we're doing a crack job at it putting n00bs in their place by talking down to them, and rebuilding their shattered ego into one that understands cause and effect and their role in risk management.

i sware, if there was a boot camp for newbies on motorcycles, SIGN MY *** UP FOR DRILL INSTRUCTOR. it'd be great if we could just pull these *** monkeys off the street and have a one on one conversation, but truth be told, we are the minority. the only way to get the message out effectively is through media. the internet is not enough.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If a new rider is asking people on a forum HOW to ride their new bikes (especially the RR's), they're already hauling-*** down the path to going down hard. It doesn't take a freaking genius to realize "maybe I should take a class before I buy this thing". Instead, you get retards posting "do I need to use the clutch to shift gears after 2nd?" (actual post, not making this up.)

There has been a lot of deaths (especially around here). Last week, there was 3 in one week......(1 was DWI, 1 was racing, the other was wheeling on the highway, lost control, and hit a guardrail.) NOT ONE had a motorcycle endorsement on their licences......they never took a class.

The best advice I can give to new riders: TAKE THE DAMN CLASS! (even if you've ridden for years). It's MAYBE a couple hundred bucks. FREAKING FINANCE IT WITH THE BIKE IF YOU HAVE TO! Hell, I financed $1000 bucks worth of gear with mine, what's a couple hundred more for a class? It adds....what.....a dollar or two more a month?

Here's a small conversation I had with another fellow employee at work yesterday. This dude is one of those thick-headed (I already know how to ride) types:

Worker: "Hey Josh, what kind of sportbike should I get?"
ME: "Have you taken a MSF class yet?"
Worker: "No, I have a stick shift, a bike works the same."
ME: "You should get the most expensive Ducati you can find."
Worker: "What? Why? I can't afford that!"
ME: "Don't worry about it, you won't be around long enough to make the first payment."

Then I walked away.....people like that don't deserve my opinion.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:04 PM

RIP Brothers,

Slugger and BlueFox have both made great points, and I agree that the people that are on this forum are perhaps a little more enlightened, having sought out some information to begin with.

6 months ago I had only ever ridden a motorcycle once, I read some forums and opinions on bikes, did the MSF class and have very cautiously been riding my 600 ever since. These guys are right, in the wrong hands these things will hurt you.
The MSF class I took really drove it home that the place where motorcyclists kill ourselves are on corners, and they simply said to read the road signs. If a corner is posted at 35 MPH, that means you can comfortably get around it at 40, or perhaps more. If you choose to approach at 70, clearly you're taking a gamble. As a noob, this was perhaps the best advice the instructor could give. Its pretty simple it seems, all the information and safety training is out there, the MSF class is cheap as Bluefox says.

At the end of the day however, we each control our own bikes and make our own decisions.

Ride safe,
Chris.