Turn Signal Issues - RESOLVED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Issues - RESOLVED!!!

I just bought an 05 600RR from a kid. He has installed LED turn signals all around. Here are the issues I am experiencing:

- When I turn on my signals (left or right), they don't flash unless I nail the throttle. Afterwhich they will blink just fine.
- If I have my high beams on, they won't flash at all regardless if I hit the throttle or not. The only way they will flash is if I turn on my signal, go to low beam then back to high beam.

I have no clue on where I need to start with troubleshooting, any ideas? Is there any known issues with using LED's since they don't draw as much current?

Thanks in advance!

Brenden

For Sale - 1 3000k HID ballast with built in ignitor and bulb - $100 obo - PM me for details.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Default RE: Turn Signal Issues

That's probably the strangest LED job I've ever heard. You're gonna have to open her up and see what the wiring situation is cuz there's no way to tell exactly what the previous guy's done from you description.

BTW, why are you selling the HID?

Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 AM

I purchased a 6500k (motorcycle kit) for my low beams and 3000k (car kit) for my high beams. Here's a not so good pic of what it looks like.

Since I bought the car kit, I have one left over to sell.

Do the LED's wire up as normal lights do? Or is there something inline that deals with the different current draw?
For Sale - 1 3000k HID ballast with built in ignitor and bulb - $100 obo - PM me for details.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:51 AM

Bro why did you order two different temps?

Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 AM

Ps bro. Whoever did the set up go talk to them. Electrical problems are a ghost I freaking mean it they are noooooooooooooooot!!!! fun! You can get soooooooo many false positives. You think you got it and then it turns out its actualy something else wich is controled or is then conected in some way to something else then your back at square one so theres nothing anyone realy can do over a thread you might have to break down and pay someone to fix it most likly they will have to hook it up to some machine or do the job by the hr to trace the problem you don;t want this to happen If it was me I would.......FIRST try uninstaling on thing at a time If they all work one ata time then try installing your stocks back on if everthing works then thank your lucky stars cause ya ain't got a problem that would mean the led's are bad in some way. I know this is alot of work but thats how it goes only thing that might help a little more is a circut tester wich again just because you have current where its saposed to does not mean somewhere else its not messing up. Sorry I feel bad for saying this now

Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 AM

Well, that was the route I intended to take :-(. I unfortunately am not a electrician and hoped to glean some wisdom from people like you. The problem did exist before the HID's so maybe that is one thing I can leave in place for now.

As for the two different temperatures on the HID's...

6500K is the one of the brightest temperatures (usually 4000k-6500k are brightest). I got that for night time visibility for me as a rider.

I got the 3000K for two reasons:

1. Excellent visibility in inclement weather (rain, fog etc...)
2. Excellent daytime visibility by other vehicles on the road.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:28 AM

RESOLVED!!!

Our friends at 600rr.net had a solution that worked! $5 bucks later, I am in business!

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=46853

Brenden

Old 04-29-2007, 12:10 PM

Ah Boogybren, I checked out your like and followed what you did. But I am currently still having issues. Did you hook up resistors to each light or only the fronts, I currently have four resistors on mine.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: scott.quiros

Ah Boogybren, I checked out your like and followed what you did. But I am currently still having issues. Did you hook up resistors to each light or only the fronts, I currently have four resistors on mine.
I bought four resistors, but only used two. I just started one blinker at a time beginning with the front ones. After I applied the resistor to the front left, I would test the blink rate and found that it fixed the left blinker entirely. So I then applied it to the right front and it fixed the right side too.

Did you install the resistors like the diagram shown on 600rr.net? One end of the resistor needs to connect to the positive cable and the other end to the negative. So it isn't inline, but rather bridges the connections.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:53 PM

Hand signals.