turn led's HELP please

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn led's HELP please

ok ... 2005 cbr 600 rr ... i installed a integrated tail light about a month ago ... all is good ... didnt add resistors because i was ok with the fast blinking ... i just got the hot bodies turn led's , i installed them today and its all messed up ... when i turn on the bike on of course the front led's are on like usual, on my console the turn signal indications are lit. thats a lil problem but not my main problem. when i flip the turn switch to the left or right the back integrated light flshes so fast that its not even noticable that its flashing, also the front light that i "turned on" is off ... so when i hit the switch the back light flashes really fast and the front goes out ... im lost... please help ...

Old 12-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Default RE: turn led's HELP please

Check your fuses...

Old 12-10-2006, 12:31 AM

Your going to need to install resistors. I did the exact same as you and put my integrated tail on without resistors and it worked fine but when i put my greggs flushmounts up front the signals both front and rear stayed on the whole time and you could notice them blinking. I put one resistor on the left side and one on the right and they work fine now. Im guessing that the stock signals have resistors built into them so when you installed just the integrated tail the resistors on the front signals were still allowing all your signals to flash, just my guess on that. Add resistors and you;ll be fine.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:33 AM

(cbrfreek)i did actually ... while putting on the first one i blew a fuse but when i got to the other side i didnt make the same mistake ..all fuses are good ... dont know wat to do ..
(Misterbasket)- im going to put the resistors on the back tommorrow and see if it works ... hopefully it does .. thanx for the input

Old 12-10-2006, 01:50 AM

Did your hot bodies have 3 wires, positive, negitive and a running light wire? If not, and you ran the stock running light and positive side on the flushmount with the postive stock wire, its regocnizing that it is on. If there were three lights I am notsure why the dash lights were on. But that was my problem when the aftermarket lights I bought only had a positive and negitive, and the bike had the positive, negitive and the running, and I ranning the running into the postive, but otherwise I dont know. Good Luck

Old 12-10-2006, 04:20 AM

The Hotbodies should just have the two wires, just like most other aftermarket turn signals. Just add resistors to the front signals in PARALLEL (very important) and you should be fine. You don't need anything in the rear. Before you turn your bike on to check the siganls, make sure there are no loose or crossed wires cuz you might blow a fuse again. Not sure why your front turn signals or indicator lights are on though, because you shouldn't have running lights. Make sure you're connecting the proper stock wires together.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:05 AM

You need resistors to slow the blinking down. When you remove the regular bulbs and replace them with LEDs you remove the resistance in the circuit and they blink faster. This is actually built in to the system so that you would normally know that a light is blown without needing to look. You would know simply because the flashing speeds up.

Sounds like you also wired the front lights up so that they work as running lights like the stock lights. You can do this with the the aftermarket lights, but you must add a 1 watt diode to the turn signal wire before connecting it to the parking light wire. If you don't what happens is the parking light circuit back feeds through the normally seperate turn signal circuit and your indicator lights stay on. When I first tried this I also found that the rear signals also light up.

http://209.61.143.180/product_p/loadres.htm

Old 12-10-2006, 01:16 PM

up check wiring. and i have xtra resistors if u need them pm me. i got them with my new tail light, but i had some alrady so i dont need em.

Name:  resistors.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  12.3 KB

Old 12-10-2006, 11:54 PM

The only reason the dash lights would be on would be because he wired in the running lights on the bike into one of the wires on the lights.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:16 AM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24
up check wiring. and i have xtra resistors if u need them pm me. i got them with my new tail light, but i had some alrady so i dont need em.
I had the exact same problem and the exact same resistor but the wire came out of one of the ends of one of the pair.
Where can I buy these, what is the exact part or resistor specification, I've got a vacation coming up and would like to get
my hot bodies front flush lights finally mounted before Christmas.

Quick Reply: turn led's HELP please