Turbo Blue

Old 08-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Blue

so the marathon gas station down the road sells this stuf called turbo blue its pretty much race gas 120 octane. anyone use this or anything similar? My friend has a 95 cbr and runs this mixed with 93 sometimes and tells me how great it is. anyone tried it??? i dont want to screw up my bike

Old 08-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your friend is an idiot. The gas won't hurt your bike but unless you're running 13+ : 1 or more compression, or you have a turbo / supercharger on your bike you'll actually LOSE HP by running super high octane.

All the octane # means is the fuels ability to resist detonation. The higher the # the harder to detonate. So if you're running 10:1 or 11:1 and you put in half 120 and half 93 your bike is not going to be able to burn all that fuel. Can lead to a crap load of carbon building up on innards due to incomplete combustion.

The only reason to go to a higher octane is if you are predetonating. Otherwise it is a complete waste of money to go heavy on the octane. I've done side by sides on a dyno to prove stock compression LOSES HP when using race gas.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 AM

so how do you im prove compression? i have have a pcIII with custom map, a slip on, no baffles in the exhaust K@N filter .

Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Altering the compression will require head work and is very expensive. Once you shave the head and bump the compression then you gotta start thinking high performance pistons and connecting rods/pins. Once you go that route you HAVE to run high octane gas or your engine will self destruct .

Old 08-31-2009, 12:20 AM

dam, so you think if i ran a mix it would help ? like a gallon of the turbo stuff and ther rest 93, i mean i think my tank holds 4 and half gallons so if one gallon is 120 the rest 93 that makes ..... im not good in math

Old 08-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Would give you a tank at approx 100 octane. And no, I don't think it would help your bike because your bike doesn't need it. If you were gonna race your bike at the track for 4 hours and only stop for fuel I'd say go for 1/2 and 1/2 just to insure no predetonation but for riding around on the street -- nah.

But don't take my word on it ... run it if you got the $$ and see what you think. Be better to run your bike on a dyno with current set up then fill up with the race gas and go for another run on the dyno. Seat of the pants HP is very iffy in my book and is often influenced by wishful thinking.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:41 AM

This def answered the thread I just started in Drag racing. I put a gallon of race gas in bc I was low and my bike was much slower. Thanks chainstretcher

Old 09-06-2009, 09:50 PM

+1 chainstretcher. by just adding high octane fuel to your bike without proper set up is just useless. now slap on a power commander and get your bike mapped with higher octane and you might squeeze a few hp's outta of it depending on how you mapped it will depend on your gains. but once mapped at high octane going back to regular gas is a crappy ride trust me i know but to get full potential you need alot of engine work

Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 PM

im putting one gallon of the turbo blue gas in tomorrow with three gallons regular , will see what happens

Old 09-17-2009, 09:47 AM

The only thing you'll be able to do to maybe see a marginal increase in performance is advance the ignition timing while running the higher octance fuel. I wouldn't even waste my time with running that stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo Blue