Try this mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 03:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try this mod

I just recent modified my stock exhaust by cutting it in half took off the middle part of the tubes.. there are three tube inside the stock exhaust. one is coming out from the headers back to the small pipe inside then comes out to the back.... I wish i can show you guys more clearly. if you guys have any quastion of how to do it let me know it will save you $300 hundred dollars.by doing this it really sounds nice didn't loose any power, no power commander needed. just take off the middle pipe inside the exhaust and re weld back the exhaust together. it only cost me $30 buck to weld it back together. on idle you still have that stock sound,but only when you rev up you will get that asome $300 dollar sound coming out off yr exhaust... try it! I really recomend it for riders that are try to save money like me..

[IMG]local://upfiles/4551/B4DDC6D9CD754FE7A49AA434546AEA13.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Default RE: Try this mod

Nice write up with great information. I already spent the money on a Yoshi though Now if you could just figure out how to make the stock exhaust look better.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: josho66

Now if you could just figure out how to make the stock exhaust look better.
Are you for real! Just my opinion, but I don't think there is an exhaust on the market that comes close to looking or fitting as good as the stock exhaust, I just wish the stock pipe sounded better/louder.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:52 PM

Yeah thanks for the post! I actually posted a question sometime last week about ways to Mod. the Stock Exhaust on the "Modifications" section on the forum. A guy wrote back w/a similar reply to your post. I've also seen this done http://www.600rr.us/stock_exhaust_mod.html where you drill two holes before the exhaust enters the baffle. I was wondering which way was recommended also b/c I was contemplating doing this once my new bike is broke in! Thanks again for the post!

Old 03-06-2006, 04:25 PM

Ok I'm a Noob at this but, why the hell would you want your exhaust to be louder? Is this a Stunna thing, the only effect I could see from this is so that you're heard by other cars.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:41 PM

well, for one, it makes it sound "BETTER" in some peoples minds. But other than that, YES, it is PROVEN to be safer if you can be heard! On a bike man, you need EVERY advantage you can GET to wake the damn non-drivin people in cars from runnin over your a$$!!!!!!! I think I'll have some back on this one too!?

Old 03-06-2006, 05:46 PM

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!

nice post herb600RR.............thought about doing this before I bought my slip-on

Old 03-06-2006, 11:49 PM

I don't understand the middle pipe is also the exit pipe. How does that work?

Old 03-07-2006, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

ORIGINAL: josho66

Now if you could just figure out how to make the stock exhaust look better.
Are you for real! Just my opinion, but I don't think there is an exhaust on the market that comes close to looking or fitting as good as the stock exhaust, I just wish the stock pipe sounded better/louder.

The Yoshi RS-5 matches the stock lines very good and looks a TONS better than the crappy stock can. Just my $.02 though. If you like the stock there is nothing wrong with that. I don't like the round slips on like most are and for that reason I went with the Yoshi.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:34 AM

[/quote]

The Yoshi RS-5 matches the stock lines very good and looks a TONS better than the crappy stock can. Just my $.02 though. If you like the stock there is nothing wrong with that. I don't like the round slips on like most are and for that reason I went with the Yoshi.
[/quote]

I have to agree I have a Yoshi RS-5 as well an it seems to be a perfect match to the contours of the bike and the sound is great.