Tripple tree or forks twisted?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tripple tree or forks twisted?

Ok so my bikes had some low sides. When my top tripple is straight across from tAnk the wheel is to the right. So when the top tripple is perpendicular to the tank wheel is to the right. Now someone told me the gap betwee Tripple and tank is smaller on the left. So when I make the gap even on both sides the wheel is to the right witch as I have been told is how it is tobe because the tripple is not tobe straight across. Does this make sence? So my question is is it ment to be this way? Or is my tripples or forks tweaked? Nothing seems bent. I can't tell by the bars because I have aftermarket ones and so there is no way to tell by that

Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's very possible you tweaked your tubes and your tripples. the forks may or may not be bent.

I put a bike in a ditch one time, and it tweaked the front end so bad, in order to point the wheel straight, the tripple trees were at full lock. much to my disbelief, I had not bent the tubes.

If its not too bad, you can hold the front tire with your legs from in front of the bike, and grab the handle bars and twitst. Or, you can loosen up all the bolts, including the pinch bolts and the main top bridge bolt, straighten it up and then retorque