Track issue. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011 | 11:58 AM
|
Default Track issue. Help?

Hi, yesterday I was at Big Willow Race Track.....and towards the end of the day....This situation would start to occur: When I was riding over 95mph in the straights, and over 12000 RPMs, my bike would start to stutter...(sort of jerky lunging). I had plenty of gas in the tank....also it would happen in both 5th and 6th gear. Anybody have any clue what that would be caused from??? Thanks in advance. Jody

Old 06-18-2011 | 03:26 PM

Could be rev limiter.

I love Big Willow!

Old 06-18-2011 | 07:12 PM

Fuel pump or pressure regulator. Supplys just enough gas till you reach a point where consumption goes up to max and then can't keep up. Seen it happen before. Also you need to check spark.

Old 06-18-2011 | 08:48 PM
|
Default fix?

Thanks guys for your imput....sparks were just changed....Would getting a Power Comander installed and mapped out, probably fix this problem?? Whatcha think.... It's $80 to put it on the dyno to run diagnostics, or $300 to put the Power Comander in.....Im thinking if a Power Comander eliminates all these little issues, why not just invest in that??

Old 06-26-2011 | 03:16 PM
|
Default It does not need a power commander

My mechanic does not know what the problem is.... It stutters/misses in ALL gears when revved up over 13,000 RPMs, on the Dyno. Not a big deal if I was just canyon riding...but I bought it to be able to take to the track too.... Anybody??? Help?? Solutions??? So bummed....

Jody

Old 06-26-2011 | 03:57 PM

what mods do you have?

Old 06-27-2011 | 02:33 PM
|
Default my mods

Hi,

I have a tail chop, a Scorpion slip on pipe, and CGR levers (think that is what you call em)

Old 06-27-2011 | 02:42 PM

Don't think a slip on can force you to need a pc and tune so long as everything is within spec underneath. Slip on exhaust alone don't change the af mix that drastically.

Think someone mentioned checking the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. Also check air filter and hoses. The bike isn't getting enough of something for some reason. If you want to confirm you don't need a pc, try putting the stock pipe back on if you have it.

Old 06-27-2011 | 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by rightrigger
Thanks guys for your imput....sparks were just changed....
I didn't say check plugs I said check spark, as is make sure the iginiton is sending the correct amount of power to the plugs. Also whats your fuel pressure? Until you actually start check things theres a million things it could be.

Old 06-28-2011 | 10:00 AM
|

Thanks everyone. I am going to go to the mechanic and find out what the deal is....I shutter to think what diagnostics would cost to try this, then that, then this, then that......Since this mechanic races, and has a race team, I would think he would be trying all the solutions? However, as someone who knows very little about the internal workings of a motorcycle, this is a very bad place to be in... Typically, if I go to the mechanic it is for a 'service' etc...or tire change...this is the first time I have run into a problem, that they can't isolate exactly and quickly. Also....if the problem is only showing its face after 13,000 rpms, how can any other mechanic, that does NOT have a DYNO replicate the issue???? I feel like I am just ****ed, no matter how you slice it. I assume if this guy says, "I dont know what it is?" I could take it to HONDA, but those are a bunch of jug heads in there. Surely if the racer mechanic can't find the problem, the jug heads aren't gonna find it either?? YEt they also will probably charge me a diagnostic hourly rate yeah? and Honda does NOT have a DYNO. Any other thoughts???

Quick Reply: Track issue. Help?