too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too good to be true?

found an 04 600rr with 14k miles...cracked front fairing.... for 2500 bucks. clean title...

just sounds TOO good of a deal....right? i told the guy id get it...and id test drive it but....never riden a bike before... rode a ton of dirtbikes... but dont know what to look for on a street bike problem wise.... aside from heavy smoking...or just sounding like ***.... i see people in my town not want to let go of a f2 for that price... what gives? just a lucky day? anyone ever see these bikes going for 2500-2800?

Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2500 for a wrecked 04 600rr?? seems fair to me, yea it could sell a lil higher, but maybe the owner isnt as greedy as most a$$holes selling shyt

Old 08-07-2010, 02:21 AM

man...i hope so...ive talked to him and sealed the deal and hes gonna deliver it tuesday..... im hoping that everything is mechanically fine on it cause im not even goin down to even look at the bike... i just told him if it runs good then just go ahead and bring it on up... make him ride it up and down the road when it gets here and pray for the best. its an hour or so away and being hauled on a trailer so hopefully thatll be enough time to get the bike cool for a *cold* start..

i know it doesnt mean much but he didnt hesitate to answer any questions and didnt sound shady about anything.. he seemed happy about the deal... im happy as hell about the deal... so hopefully tuesday AM ill get to have one hell of a nice beginner bike thats already had its initial *oops* mishap...

Old 08-07-2010, 09:10 AM

be extremely careful starting out on a 600RR tho, mainly with braking n throttle control. On the street on these bikes the rear brake isnt used like it is in the dirt n the front does the majority of the stopping. Grats on your bike.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:21 AM

yeah...thats going to be a hard habit to break cause youre entirely right... on dirt bikes im used to just locking up the rear for the most part and standing on the pegs most of the time.... i plan on being careful as hell on that cbr though.. almost a little nervous on getting it. i wish i had some riding experience to test drive the bike...sucks having to have the owner ride it... i dont have a friend available at all that week that could ride the bike for me and let me know the real story. this is pretty much going to be a hope and prayer for the most part.. i mena i know how it should sound and idle... that doesnt mean anything for the trans. though and actual handling on the bike to see if it rides staight and true.

heres the worst part... i live down a dirt path in the friggin woods.. like 150 yards of dirt trail..on SAND. and a truck with a trailer on it wouldnt make it around the sharp turn... so guess who gets to ride it....for their first time ever on a bike... through the worst possible conditions imaginable. i might literally try to just push the bike to my house lol. even then i still gotta ride it to the road at SOME point... i guess at least the only good part about that is if it gets dropped itll be in soft ground.. maybe ill do a few laps around my house to get a feel for the throttle and clutch before i even try the road. god my dirt instincts show lol. no knobbys....no clue lol.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:39 AM

wel a sportbike in the dirt is like a super super dirt bike with slicks lmao

remember friction zone when riding in dirt/gravel, n grass.

Where ya located at?

Old 08-07-2010, 09:54 AM

outskirts of columbia sc..

yeah ill be riding it up the dirt path with feet dragging the ground lol. the owner was like *you ever riden a bike before?* i had to lie and say yeah....didnt want someone to get all weird and be like "nah nevermind...too much bike" or some nonsense.. some people are weird like that. i just told him i didnt want the liability of test riding someone elses bike that im not used to. sounded good to me lol.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:10 PM

Holy ****... i was unaware how much fairings cost from honda... nose and tank fairing...1400.. i know about the ebay fairings but i was wondering exactly why the bike was so much below the book value... now i see why lol.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:15 PM

If its cracked you can get it fixed typically at body shops its fairly easy to do.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:16 PM

you can try this place: http://www.delkevic.us they are on ebay too.

Quick Reply: too good to be true?