Tire Balancing....

Old 06-30-2006, 05:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Balancing....

So i noticed today the guys at the shop balanced my tires by taping weights to the outside of my wheel with electrical tape....[sm=wtf.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif].

I have to go back there tomorrow morning to pick up my old tires in my cage i am gonna bitch and complain till they do it the right way.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tire Balancing....

Revver, I use duct tape, in black to match my rims. I think they used tape backed weights (i hope), the tape is a race trick to keep from fling'n that weight off !!!!!!! considerd by many... cool !!!!!!!!!!! You could peel the tape gently... and see if the tape back weight, is stuck well, if it isn't... get it replaced. If it is... your call, on the tape !!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 06-30-2006, 11:24 AM

Yea, I'd check to make sure they're stuck before you go making a big fuss and have them take it in the back and pull the tape off fo ya...unless you want to give the techs a good laugh...

Old 06-30-2006, 03:06 PM

I agree, Im pretty sure its weights with tape on the back. I have the same thing and they are little square cut weights. Althgouh my front tire has motorcycle tire weights that tap onto the rim. And i do mean tap, not tape

Old 06-30-2006, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

I agree, Im pretty sure its weights with tape on the back. I have the same thing and they are little square cut weights. Althgouh my front tire has motorcycle tire weights that tap onto the rim. And i do mean tap, not tape
My 06 does as well.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:15 PM

how important is it to balance the back tire? seems to me that tape isn't all that accurate, so does it even need to be balanced?

Old 07-01-2006, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

Yea, I'd check to make sure they're stuck before you go making a big fuss and have them take it in the back and pull the tape off fo ya...unless you want to give the techs a good laugh...
Do you know that the little ridge on the wheel is there to have the weights go on? i don't care if they are stick'em weights they prolly are i am saying the Tape looks like ****.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:29 PM

The speeds these bikes go you want that tire spinning ballanced not outa whack[:'(]
ORIGINAL: gtjimm

how important is it to balance the back tire? seems to me that tape isn't all that accurate, so does it even need to be balanced?

Old 07-01-2006, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: city worker

The speeds these bikes go you want that tire spinning ballanced not outa whack[:'(]
So...I guess I should get my bent rims straightened that I've been riding on for the last year...

Old 07-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F, If thats you, on the yellow bike, your a "sicky" and obviously can do anything, you want !!!!!!!!!!! COOOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Balancing....