Tickets suck @$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tickets suck @$$

Got my first ticket this afternoon. I'm riding down HWY 1 coming from an appt. and the rodes were empty. So you know how it is, clear road, cbr 600rr Well i hit it and i get up to 161 MPH and of course i'm not looking at anything but straight ahead. So i tone it down and just start riding the speed limit when about 2 miles up the road a freakin' Cali state trooper is right behind me..... [:@] Dohhh!!!!! So i stop and h askes me how fast i was going? I didn't want to "F" myself so i said, " not too sure" hoping he just clocked me at maybe 75 or 80. He sais," come here" and takes me to the window of his car to show me what he clocked me at.... 140..... Man i couldn't even argue, all i said was WOW!!!! So he writes me the ticket, not giving me a Break at all.... and now i gotta stand in front of a judge in a few weeks.... What a great freakin day.... At least I finally hit 161 mph

Old 02-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Default RE: Tickets suck @$$

Man thats sucks,Get a lawyer.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:02 PM

Is it worth it to pay for one??? i really don't want this ticket on my record...

Old 02-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can't talk a cop outta the ticket how the hell do you expect to talk the judge outta one? Get a lawyer dude cause you're screwed. Remember every thing you told the cop and write it down word for word as best as you can. Hopefully you didn't incriminate yourself and can deny everything in court.

Good luck dude.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: rubberband man

Is it worth it to pay for one??? i really don't want this ticket on my record...
How much was the ticket? Sorry bro that sucks. 161 though.................I still haven't hit the 160s yet

Old 02-01-2006, 08:21 PM

Honestly i didn't even try to talk the cop out of the ticket. He freakin showed me the screen the radar clocked me at. And I really didn't say much of anything. Hell if i was gonna tell him i was goin 160... i was just gonna take the speed he said. But I gotta take it like a man.... Cali law is first offense is a maximum of $500 fine and 30 days license suspension.. Thats the max so if i get that then i can live with it. Good thing he didn't list wreckless driving or any other crap he could have thought of. But i didn't get the cost of the ticket cause they say i have to call back in 2 weeks to get it. They don't have any type of MPH/COST chart on the back of their tickets... But i was just itching to hit 160 and as soon as i did i let off....

Old 02-01-2006, 08:29 PM

I have had alot of tickets and Only once did I not use a lawyer.I think it is in your best intrest to get one.They can do alot more than you can and you might not even have to show up to court.You just pay some money and its done.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:31 PM

Na, In cali if you exceed 100 mph it is MANDATORY to show up....

Old 02-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Retired Mod

sorry about the ticket. man that sucks. my advise is take it like a man. pay your fines and learn your lesson. and next time you want to bust 150, take it to a track. i can see running it up to 100 or so in an open area. but 100 over the speed limit on public roads? c'mon. that's not very smart. it really does sound to me like you did it "just to do it". just don't become one of those speed freaks that run 150+ on a daily basis. you will surely hurt/kill yourself or someone else.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:41 PM

Yeah i agree, I am not the one to hit over 100 all the time. But you know there are just sometimes you get the urge... But thats what i plan on doin'. Just get it taken care of and deal with it...

Quick Reply: Tickets suck @$$