Thinking about buying 600rr, but my height....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking about buying 600rr, but my height....

if you're worried about the bike stance, and you FEEL you're too short for it maybe the CBR isnt your bike, check out the gsxr600 maybe, it feels shorter than my cbr600rr.

dont get a bike because your friends have one and you wanna be cool or something. i got the honda because i love the looks, and it fits me great... PLUS it owns but just get whatever feels good to you, otherwise it'll be a bitch to build confidence.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:35 AM

DUDE your plenty tall get the bike and have a great time!!! oh ya buy frame sliders!

Old 08-08-2006, 09:42 AM

[8D] hey dude im 5 foot 7 and have a 30 inch inseam im on my tippytoes but you learn to ride like that. when im riding the bike fells grate and fits like a glove.havent dropes it yet HA HA HA

Old 08-15-2006, 04:28 AM

i believe it is more of a inseam than height thing
you can be 5'8 but a 28inseam

by the way is there anything that can be shaved on the 600rr seat? lol

Old 08-16-2006, 03:38 AM

Hey thanx man...there are a lotz o freakin sick *** ppl out there trying 2 tell every1 not 2 buy a 600 as 1st bike ....

I am getting the bike nxt month on my brotherz bday...itz going 2 b my 1st bike too ... keep in touch man...

Put some pics n lemme kno wat color n all u got it...

can u also tell me like how much everything cost u wit all the accessories u are buyinnnn...

thanx n drive safe..

good luck wit ur bike ...

Jimmy

Old 08-19-2006, 10:56 AM

I am 5' 8" tall and I rest the ball of my feet on the ground. I am sure a good boot would make up that distance however I would like to get an extra 1/2" to 3/4" lower though. I only weigh 140lbs so I would guess it would be just like a heavy person was on the bike and bottoming out wouldn't be and issue

what does the rear spring adjuster do on the side of the bike? would that mess up the preload or something?

Old 08-19-2006, 09:23 PM

The dealership should have a line on the wall that says "You must be this tall to ride".

Old 08-20-2006, 03:00 AM

i just joined the forum now so i can learn more about the motorcycle life and get to know more ppl with same interest as me. i bought a 06 cbr 600rr on friday the orange and black one. when i got on the bike my feet are bearly scraping the ground so i am havin it lowered 1 to 2 inches that way i feel more comfy on it. now ive been readin all the messages on here and i keep seein ppl have mixed opinions some its a good thing to do for height issue some say its not a good idea throws the bike off and doesnt ride as good. from the ppl that do have it lowered does it make a huge impact on handlin and turning? also for those who do have it lowered how many inches is it lowered is there a big change from lowerin it one inch than lowerin it 2 inches. thanks im only 5 5 maybe 5 6 but its in that ball park.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:58 AM

i have an RR as my first bike, got it 2 days ago. im only 5 6 and i can only toe or flat foot on one side.. standing the bike directly up, i can barely reach on both sides. it takes a bit getting used to (comfort wise) but once you get the hang of it you wouldnt know why it wouldnt be comfortable. though i recommend you lower it if you do get one because leaning at every stop isnt too safe. in my opinion you would want to be able to have both feet touching the ground when you need them there. i need to lower mine still.. guys have any suggestions?

Old 09-12-2006, 12:30 PM

IM 5'5...and everyone including honda told me that i am way to short to ride my bike....i had to prove them wrong....my friend's brother rode for 20+..only rockets....and he told me to get boots......i got boots...not cowboy boots..lol..but sketchers..$40bucks...and i can put both feet on the ground...LOL...yeah baby..i love my bike and my boots...i wish i can wear my norm.. kicks...but whatever..i can ride..and man ...the same peps that say i couldnt...are now jealous..blowing by them with a smile! lol

get boots!!......and you dont have to lower the bike..save some cash in the process....

[8D]

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying 600rr, but my height....