Thinking about buying 600rr, but my height....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking about buying 600rr, but my height....

How do you lower bike, can you do it or you have to take it to some kind of shop? Who does it?
ORIGINAL: ll2009

I'm only 5"6 and i could only tippy toe one leg, so i lowered my RR 1" and i can tippy toe both legs, i also lowered the bike 3" so see how it felt, i can reach perfect but i didn't like the way it rides to low and i like taking turn real fast and i couldn't, i was scare to hit the peg because it was to low, but the 1" is good for me i can handle the bike and I'm comfortable with it.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:02 AM

I am 5-8" and about 145# but diffrent ppl cary thier height in diffrent parts of thier boddies and also weight plays a huge role too. F4I was my 1st bike...I was tiptoed all the time and was learning to deal with it (not pulling into spots I was going to have to push backwards out of etc) until one day after about 3 months of riding, I pulled up to a red light in the left turn lane and reached to put my feet down and on my left side, there was a huge dip in the pavement from cars sitting there and the bike started falling over cuz i hadnt touched the ground, as that was happening a van wizzed by me and I could almost feel that mirror of that van touch my ear. That very night I lowered that thing 2" and every riding experience I had from there on on was about 20x better. way more enjoyable to ride when you are fully confident in yourself on your bike. Especialy if you are new, I doubt you are doing any knee dragging anytime real soon so I say get used to riding, dealing with traffic and so on on a bike that feels good to you. It only takes an hour to raise it back up when you are ready.

Agree, disagree?

Old 06-04-2006, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: johnnykhan

How do you lower bike, can you do it or you have to take it to some kind of shop? Who does it?
ORIGINAL: ll2009

I'm only 5"6 and i could only tippy toe one leg, so i lowered my RR 1" and i can tippy toe both legs, i also lowered the bike 3" so see how it felt, i can reach perfect but i didn't like the way it rides to low and i like taking turn real fast and i couldn't, i was scare to hit the peg because it was to low, but the 1" is good for me i can handle the bike and I'm comfortable with it.
i lowerd it my self with lowering links, if you know how to work on bikes is real easy but if not i suggest you take it to a local bike shop..

Old 06-05-2006, 03:21 AM

I am 5' 8'" and I am buying a CBR 1000. I touch just fine. I even had the wife get on the back. I live in Reno also. Before you take a riding course at TMCC you might talk to the guys at Big Valley Honda, there is a class you can take in Fernley and when you complete it you get your motorcycle endorsement. I think the class is at the Fernley raceway road course. Hope that might help.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:06 AM

I guess there is risk in everything. Guys I dit it. I bought a 2005 600rr about 3 weeks ago. I love it on 22nd of August i am taking a MSF class, so i dont ride to work or anything. I ride it around neighborhood. This the first time I bought and rode a bike. What a thrill, should have done that long time ago. I will post some pic later, i just installed a yoshimura on monday. Installing a fender eleminator, frame slider and hot body light soon, may be next week.

BE A MAN!! TO ALL YOU OUT THERE THINKING ABOUT BUYING A 600RR BUT SCARED

Old 08-04-2006, 02:54 PM

im 5ft 8 and have no problem at all.... plus i just bought a motorcycle mag and was shocked to hear that honda has a rider that is 5 ft 1" (races a repsol)

Old 08-04-2006, 09:40 PM

Im 5'8" too its a stretch but i can flatfoot it.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:13 AM

I am 100% against lowering bikes. It totally screws up the bike's intended geometry and therefore doesn't perform as it is supposed to. Furthermore, lowering the bike obviously lowers the body closer to the ground. Under load, the suspension compresses further, bringing the body even closer. Think what would happen if you hit a small dip in the road on a curve under acceleration. The body of the bike could easily bottom out on the pavement, bringing the tires out of contact with the road, sending you who knows where. Also, being a technician, I work on a lot of street bikes that have been lowered. It is impossible to get these bikes onto the bike lifts without scraping the belly pan. Why would you want to do that to your precious motorcycle?

Old 08-05-2006, 12:42 AM

i am 5'10 and i'm comfortably flat footed on it..

Old 08-05-2006, 02:40 AM

im 5-5/6 and i got an 06 600rr...and i tip toe when both feet down...i think u'd do ok with your height...

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying 600rr, but my height....