This thing eats tires........

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This thing eats tires........

Your eating up some trees my friend... Rubber & Wood (Dollars).... I've avaraged 7K on mine, but no track days & not alot of aggressive driving. Seems like you should get more...

Old 07-10-2007, 07:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 1BadCBR07

Dunlop is known for having a softer compound rubber in their tires.. The factory Bridgestone Battlax Qualifier tires that come on the '07 CBR are some very decent tires from what I've heard.. Relatively inexpensive as well.. Check it out...
battlelax are good tires.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: bjtoth1

Dunlop is known for having a softer compound rubber in their tires.. The factory Bridgestone Battlax Qualifier tires that come on the '07 CBR are some very decent tires from what I've heard.. Relatively inexpensive as well.. Check it out...
the 07 doesnt come with bridgestones it comes with dunlop qualifiers
Mine does have bridgestones on it from the factory....

DH
then they are not qualifiers
because after reading this i went to go look at my new 600 and it says dunlop on it
they also come with bstone bt014s

here is a tip if you go to buy a new 600RR look at the tires
the dunlops are head and shoulders better than the 014s
the 015s are pretty decent id make sure i got the qualifiers

Old 07-10-2007, 10:24 PM

It depends on where they come from on which tires they get. (Color comes with certain tires on certain bikes as well)

Old 06-22-2008, 01:01 PM

Mainly it is from triple digit back road blasting, knee down at 100plus that wears em out

Stopped reading there.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:03 PM

I don't see this thread going far....[&:]

Old 06-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: too_fast_4_my_bike

tahoe you need to stop being a pansy.

meanstrk you need to stop riding like a girl.

my bike (orangey yellow 2000 cbr600 f4) went through 9 sets of tires in 2,500 miles! my motto is "ride or die". it's WFO on the throttle or bust for me mang!! i ride so EXTREMELY hard out in the canyons! i'm notorious for doing triple-digits even when i'm cutting through a big clowd of hardley riders or squeezing between opposing lanes of traffic on the double yellow. when i'm on the track, i late brake so HARD i leave blackies! that's why the steel belt shows through on my fronts after a hard weekend of riding! ps, when you ride as fast as i do, all that soft crap like pirelli and michelin sucks ***** and goes away like eraser, so i roll with cheap-o recalled Cheng Shin tires. they can handle the abuse i put on them! i use them on my CBR600F4, my CBR600RR, my EX250, my Ducati 999 (which i'm swapping out for a 1099 btw), my Bimota, my Vespa, my R1, my Honda Ruckus, my Yamaha Zuma, my GSXR1000...

people like tahoe tell me to slow down all the time, but they're just noobs. i served in the boy scouts; the training and harsh experiences i endured out there have made me indestructable. so don't worry about me, just get out of my way in the canyons!

here's a picture of my greatness so you all know who i am:

[IMG]local://upfiles/18639/467B1C84106149F4A3673DE3F6AF25C2.jpg[/IMG]
you my friend are 1 splat from making the obits, have no regard for any ****ing thing else on the road, and are in part why we have such a bad name. You're the n00b with no clue.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

my bike (orangey yellow 2000 cbr600 f4) went through 9 sets of tires in 2,500 miles! my motto is "ride or die". it's WFO on the throttle or bust for me mang!! i ride so EXTREMELY hard out in the canyons! i'm notorious for doing triple-digits even when i'm cutting through a big clowd of hardley riders or squeezing between opposing lanes of traffic on the double yellow. when i'm on the track, i late brake so HARD i leave blackies! that's why the steel belt shows through on my fronts after a hard weekend of riding! ps, when you ride as fast as i do, all that soft crap like pirelli and michelin sucks ***** and goes away like eraser, so i roll with cheap-o recalled Cheng Shin tires. they can handle the abuse i put on them! i use them on my CBR600F4, my CBR600RR, my EX250, my Ducati 999 (which i'm swapping out for a 1099 btw), my Bimota, my Vespa, my R1, my Honda Ruckus, my Yamaha Zuma, my GSXR1000...

people like tahoe tell me to slow down all the time, but they're just noobs. i served in the boy scouts; the training and harsh experiences i endured out there have made me indestructable. so don't worry about me, just get out of my way in the canyons!

you my friend are 1 splat from making the obits, have no regard for any ****ing thing else on the road, and are in part why we have such a bad name. You're the n00b with no clue.
I think you failed to see the overall sarcasm of that post

Old 06-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I think you failed to see the overall sarcasm of that post
You're right. I just see another idiotic post and if dude really rides like that hes a ****ing idiot I wont cry over when I read his obit.

Quick Reply: This thing eats tires........