This thing eats tires........

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This thing eats tires........

ORIGINAL: 1BadCBR07

Dunlop is known for having a softer compound rubber in their tires.. The factory Bridgestone Battlax Qualifier tires that come on the '07 CBR are some very decent tires from what I've heard.. Relatively inexpensive as well.. Check it out...
the 07 doesnt come with bridgestones it comes with dunlop qualifiers

Old 07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

first off...you really need to slow down in backroads...
I was not asking for riding tips.........

BUT...... On the track I tend to late brake big time, while on the street I am more smooth and tend to not use the brakes as much.

Woody...... The rear is decent, but I still need to get springs for the front. I tend to push the front pretty hard because of this which is causing a good bit of the front tire wear. Most of the time it is ok for the street, but REALLY rears it's ugly head on the track.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: bjtoth1

ORIGINAL: 1BadCBR07

Dunlop is known for having a softer compound rubber in their tires.. The factory Bridgestone Battlax Qualifier tires that come on the '07 CBR are some very decent tires from what I've heard.. Relatively inexpensive as well.. Check it out...
the 07 doesnt come with bridgestones it comes with dunlop qualifiers
Mine does have bridgestones on it from the factory....

DH

Old 07-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: meanstrk

I was not asking for riding tips.........
i wasn't giving you any riding tips...i was calling it as it is. riding tip to follow.

it's not the tires, it's your riding style. you're eating tires faster than guys on liters who hit the canyons HAAAARRRRRRDDDDDDD...which means that aside from getting them boogers from taking turns fast, you're also spinning the rear...which means that your throttle is the culprit.

stop blaming the tire dude...

Old 07-09-2007, 07:21 PM

tahoe you need to stop being a pansy.

meanstrk you need to stop riding like a girl.

my bike (orangey yellow 2000 cbr600 f4) went through 9 sets of tires in 2,500 miles! my motto is "ride or die". it's WFO on the throttle or bust for me mang!! i ride so EXTREMELY hard out in the canyons! i'm notorious for doing triple-digits even when i'm cutting through a big clowd of hardley riders or squeezing between opposing lanes of traffic on the double yellow. when i'm on the track, i late brake so HARD i leave blackies! that's why the steel belt shows through on my fronts after a hard weekend of riding! ps, when you ride as fast as i do, all that soft crap like pirelli and michelin sucks ***** and goes away like eraser, so i roll with cheap-o recalled Cheng Shin tires. they can handle the abuse i put on them! i use them on my CBR600F4, my CBR600RR, my EX250, my Ducati 999 (which i'm swapping out for a 1099 btw), my Bimota, my Vespa, my R1, my Honda Ruckus, my Yamaha Zuma, my GSXR1000...

people like tahoe tell me to slow down all the time, but they're just noobs. i served in the boy scouts; the training and harsh experiences i endured out there have made me indestructable. so don't worry about me, just get out of my way in the canyons!

here's a picture of my greatness so you all know who i am:

[IMG]local://upfiles/18639/467B1C84106149F4A3673DE3F6AF25C2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM

you must be the woman in blue

Old 07-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: too_fast_4_my_bike

tahoe you need to stop being a pansy.

meanstrk you need to stop riding like a girl.

my bike (orangey yellow 2000 cbr600 f4) went through 9 sets of tires in 2,500 miles! my motto is "ride or die". it's WFO on the throttle or bust for me mang!! i ride so EXTREMELY hard out in the canyons! i'm notorious for doing triple-digits even when i'm cutting through a big clowd of hardley riders or squeezing between opposing lanes of traffic on the double yellow. when i'm on the track, i late brake so HARD i leave blackies! that's why the steel belt shows through on my fronts after a hard weekend of riding! ps, when you ride as fast as i do, all that soft crap like pirelli and michelin sucks ***** and goes away like eraser, so i roll with cheap-o recalled Cheng Shin tires. they can handle the abuse i put on them! i use them on my CBR600F4, my CBR600RR, my EX250, my Ducati 999 (which i'm swapping out for a 1099 btw), my Bimota, my Vespa, my R1, my Honda Ruckus, my Yamaha Zuma, my GSXR1000...

people like tahoe tell me to slow down all the time, but they're just noobs. i served in the boy scouts; the training and harsh experiences i endured out there have made me indestructable. so don't worry about me, just get out of my way in the canyons!

here's a picture of my greatness so you all know who i am:
Now, THAT is some of the funniest **** I have seen on this site!

I mean, EVERYONE knows that Ducati don't make a 1099!

BTW........ That last line was what they call "sarcasm" for those that can't tell!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know him...he's actually a girl scout.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:40 AM

Old 07-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Retired Moderator

He must be a member of Team Mawfaki...

Quick Reply: This thing eats tires........