They say there is only 2 kind of riders

Old 11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They say there is only 2 kind of riders

Those that have been down and those that are going down.... well i guess it was my turn.

ok so the day started with chayn comming over so i could fix his car we go to my work and all is well, when we go to leave i pull out from my work and take off well chayn is way behind so i start to pull over to let him catch up and i hit the brakes to slow down, now chayn almost caught up,and i hit alot of loose gravel on the side of the road, the rear brake on my bike locks and i go into a slide, now i know im screwed, so i let off the rear brakes and hit the front to straighten it out, by this time i slid straight off the road, and was heading for a mini tree thing, i hit it the front of my bike goes up then the back does and when the back came up it launched me off the bike ant into more tree things, chayn said when i flew off the bike fliped over me and just missed me also i almost hit 2 phone polls, i went right between them like it was a field goal post, so im lieing on the ground thinking i died and them i open my eyes and im sorta ok, so i stand up and my ankle hurts, i think i sprained it but chain tells my to sit cause it might be worse, so i sit and call michelle and let her know whats going on and she rushes over in the mean time some people and chayn and john pushed my bike which is destroyed, up to the road. so i walk on my ankle to the bike and as im walking i see my ankle is crooked and im am unable to straighten it, at this time i realise it is broken, but i get on my bike and ride it towards home well half way home my ankle swells up and i cant feel it anymore to shift. so i get home and crawl up the stairs and michelle ices my ankle for a while and off to the hospital we went, so now im home from work with a borken ankle, and my bike is screwed...ill post pics soon but yeah, not good times.

anyone know where to get replacement parts for a 05 600rr

Old 11-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: They say there is only 2 kind of riders

sorry to hear the bad news, glad you're here telling us about it. There is a guy on here asking about parting out a wrecked 05 CBR. https://cbrforum.com/m_32973/tm.htm talk with him to see if you can get some usable parts.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Wow. Sorry to hear that. One thing to keep in mind for future reference is that if you lock up the rear, you should keep it locked, unlike the front. If you lock up the front brake you should immediately get off it. If you lock up the rear, keep it locked. Just my $0.02. I hope you have a quick recovery and the bike didn;t make out too bad!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:15 PM

Unlucky, that ankle sounds painful hope your well soon. Gotta laugh at the `tree things`

Old 11-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about that man -- hope ya get everything back together o.k. Heal fast.

And just so ya'll know -- I ain't the Chain he was referring to.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:13 PM

yeah, glad you're here to tell us about it. thanks for sharing and make a quick full recovery. thats the thing about the road, you never know what will be there even if you've been there everyday for the past ten years.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:34 AM

Sorry to hear that, but glad you're OK! How fast were you going for your bike to fly over top? I hate gravel! [:@]

Old 11-08-2005, 05:32 PM

was doing about 60 at time pulled over but slowed to about 35-40 by time of slide.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:58 PM

Heal up bro, Gl with the rebuilding

Old 11-08-2005, 07:58 PM

gutted to hear of your off mate, happy recovery man

Coops

I know how it feels

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: They say there is only 2 kind of riders