Thank God for my quick thinking! and STeering Damper!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank God for my quick thinking! and STeering Damper!!

SO....long story short...

ii met up wit sum riders 2nite and we headed to a bike spot that was pretty dead, so we decided to ride around some more! YAY! so it was me, this dude, and this chick; shes been riding for 4yrs and knew sum nice turns donw by the international airport here in Orlando, Florida. so we're out there havin fun and decide to head home. the main road is 3lanes wide on both side..its about 10ish oclock, barely any traffic on the very well-lit road; and we r coming up to a red light with no one in front of us...@ about 50yrds out ii decide to start downshifting, and thought 2 myself ii have alot of raod in front of me b4 ii get to the red light.so heh, LETS SPEED UP! thats wat ii was thinking...sooooo....ii rev match downto 1st gear from 4th, crusied in 1st for like 2-3sec then punched( wen ii looked ii was @ about 7-9k rpms) next thing ii kno the front wheel IS IN THE AIR (the LEAST 3ft...ii think it was prolly 4 but ii dunno)! it all happened soooo FAST! Honestly, wen it first came up ii was nervous and struck in awe(and those feelings happend within less than a sec;like within millisecs). ii snapped out of the awe within another couple millisecsand ii thought to myself..."wat am ii doing? let it down already". so ii ease off the gas and ii come down smooth. Looking @ it now, and then, ii specifically remember not being scared...jus nervous and it went away within like a hundreth of a sec. wen ii cam down ii jus thankd God!

funni thing is, b4 we went out to the airport, the chik was like ii do wheelies, n ii replied ii wud Never do a wheelie on this bike(my bike; i wud rather get another f*ck around bike to practice all that)...how COINCIDENTAL

learning xperiences and GOOD TIMES!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Default RE: Thank God for my quick thinking! and STeering Damper!!

scary sh*t man.... i havent had that happen yet lol

Old 04-17-2008, 11:31 PM

^^^ it was kinda scary lookin bak @ the situation now, but then ii had to keep my cool and think quickly!

And just to point out to u who read this...ii never tried to outshow or showboat nor do ii do it on a reg basis...ask F3racer he knows. its just that it was str8 road and ii wantd to speed up a lil...

Old 04-17-2008, 11:34 PM

ya i have thought about trying to get the front wheel up but dont really know how too while keeping control

Old 04-17-2008, 11:53 PM

tru...honestly practice power wheeling first! get use to ur bike and the whole power band...thats wat im doing now. thats the only wheelie ii wud do(where it come up polly 5inches) thats comfortable for me...but ii dont want to do Foot(height) wheelies at all on this bike...iii dont wanna f*ck my baby up!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:56 PM

it's pretty easy bro..I wouldn't recommend doing wheelie in public road though. Anyways, start out going about 10-15 mph in first gear, then squeeze the clutch alll the way in....Give it some gas like you're trying to make the bike roaring, do it for about 2-3 times to feel the power of the reving.( i usally get it to around 9k)...then quickly let off the clutch at the same time (while reving higher) and next thing you know...your headlight is shining at the clouds LOL..but remember, DO NOT over rev or your bike willllllll flip backward ...just practice it and you'll feel the power of the bike.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:07 AM

Its all in the rear brake, if your putzing around in the high rpms, cover the rear brake, its what will get the nose down fast.

As for your posts, I feel like im reading chinese with all the double I's and symbols and crap, its annoying.

And for the wheelie recommendations, find a big parking lot after watching this ten times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncPB...eature=related

Old 04-18-2008, 12:22 AM

yea ii seen that video on youtube already...and sry. its just how ii like to type.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:21 AM

Haha, so you got your first butthole pucker wheelie huh ,haha

Old 04-18-2008, 02:13 PM

yeah - that is really annoying - i think my 13yr old cousin talks to all her girlfriends in jr high like that.

as for the wheelie thing vert is right - the rear brake is your "kill switch" to bring the front down but clutch control is pretty key - then you get used to how mucg "rev" you need to get it up.

Quick Reply: Thank God for my quick thinking! and STeering Damper!!