Techone HID Xenon Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techone HID Xenon Conversion Kit

Techone HID Xenon Conversion Kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i bought this kit from this guy over @ honda-tech
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1224207&page=20

was wondering if anyone has installed these lights on their 600RR. i didn't realize the ballasts were so big and just by looking at my bike i'm wondering if there's going to be anywhere to attach these ballasts. if anyone knows about installing these particular lights...PLEASE reply....i am going to take my bike apart to look for room inside...but would rather have the info straight from someone who's done this mod before.

thanks in advance!

nevian

Old 08-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Default RE: Techone HID Xenon Conversion Kit

I have seen people mount the ballasts where the blinkers are. I dont know how much clearance there is in there though. Theres not much room at all on bikes for HID's but I am at least getting HID low beams if not high and low beams. They arent very bright in the high beams if you just switch to them, because they have to warm up.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:48 AM

The warm up time for HID is only about 5 seconds long depending on the kit oyu have.. Don't put one on high beam tho. You can seriously blind someone with HID.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:26 PM

Hey... I just installed one for my low beam. I stuck the ballast (the 10,000 watt box is what i think you are talking about) inside the front plastic between the air vents (right above the front tire) under the instrument pannel. I ran into the same problem looking for a second place and finally decided on the tool box on the right side. If you aren't planning on using it (my tools fit very snuggly in the rear seat) then you can drill a few holes through the bottom of the tool box for the wires. You get a reasonalbly water proof place that will secure the second box.

I would definately suggest aiming the high beam down though to prevent blinding oncoming cars (you don't want them to serve into you).

If you have further questions I can post some pictures/email you.

The HID's look great and really really help light up at night.

-safe riding

Old 08-09-2005, 08:18 PM

i would REALLY appreciate pics..... especially on how the ballasts look mounted. thanks!

you can email them to me or post them in the forum

stevenm_aris@hotmail.com

thanks again

Old 08-10-2005, 12:10 AM

I am surprised they still haven't made a more compact kit for motorcycle.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Other ballast is mounted on the other side.

This is top view with cover around them -- ignitor (mine has 2 some are in the ballast) is the little black box with the yellow writing on the left side

Old 08-10-2005, 05:27 AM

how bout a pic with the HIDs on so we can see the light output. I am a big fan of the upgrade but i need pics to help me justify spending that kinda dough. thanks

Old 08-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One

Two

Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 PM

well, i got your pictures too late, i took apart my bike yesterday looking for room. i put one ballast in the tool storage...the other one is inside the cowl between the headlight housings.. there was definite plastic obstruction in the way that a dremel took care of.

i'll post pics of the cut i did and how the ballast is positioned... i'll post pics of the lights on as well...i gotta put the bike back together...

thanks

nevian

Quick Reply: Techone HID Xenon Conversion Kit