+ tax, license, and fee's

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default + tax, license, and fee's

Hello everyone. I have been browsing the site for a little while now and decided to make a account. I currently do not own a bike, but have been looking at the 600rr's for quite some time now. I know many people have asked did I get a good deal and everything else to do with that. My question is how much did ya'll pay for the tax, lisence, fee's and all that added on stuff. I found honda dealers down here selling the 07's for $7,744. but they say all the tax and everything else is not included in that price. Just curious what to expect. Any help is well appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: + tax, license, and fee's

In New Mexico, the invoice for my bike shows............

$8199.00 - 2006 CBR 600RR
$245.97 - Sales Tax at 3%
$54.97 - Documentation Fees
$25.00 - License & Title Transfer Fees
-------------------------
$325.94 - Total Taxes and Fees
$8524.94 - Price of bike including TTL

They also threw in a helmet ($199), jacket ($189), frame sliders & installation ($150) and the first service ($80) for free, which would have cost me over $600 bucks alone, so I felt I rode away with a pretty damn good deal (and this was in June 06.........which was peak sport bike purchasing time)

But some dealerships charge you dock fees, crate fees, assembly fees, etc. etc. My dealership prides themselves on straightforward sales and doesn't charge all the excessive fees like other dealership. (which wanted to charge me over $1500 for TTL + "THEIR" fees. So ask them what the OTD (out the door) price would be on that bike for you. They DO NOT need to run your credit to do this either. Just tell them to give you the exact price the bike is going to cost you OTD. Some dealers refuse to do this for you, and if yours does, walk out.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:01 PM

freaking a', i guess different states makes a big difference. i just happen to be arms reach of my original invoice, so thought i'd check it out.

in 2004, i got a 2004 honda cbr600rr from Monterey, CA (Monterey has a pretty high cost of living):

sale price: 7,913
doc fees: 45
feight & setup: 495
SUBtotal: 8,453

sales tax: 612
lic & title: 107
CA tire recycling fee: 2

GRAND total: a whopping $9,175

you know what, i think i got ripped. i didn't even get a discount on a helmet, serviceor anything. absolutely no other gear. i feel like going back and buring that place down, those bastards.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:15 PM

I live in South Carolina...

Bike : $5500
Title/Tax: around $300
Plates: $10

Old 12-15-2007, 11:16 PM

oh.. and I bought my 06RR from a private seller with no addins or anything extra...

Old 12-15-2007, 11:17 PM

holy crap, that's so much cheaper. i think it'd have been cheaper for me to buy it there and ship it to cali...

Old 12-15-2007, 11:18 PM

ORIGINAL: beckett929

oh.. and I bought my 06RR from a private seller with no addins or anything extra...
oh, well that could make all the difference in the world... was it new?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

In New Mexico, the invoice for my bike shows............

$8199.00 - 2006 CBR 600RR
$245.97 - Sales Tax at 3%
$54.97 - Documentation Fees
$25.00 - License & Title Transfer Fees
$325.94 - Total Taxes and Fees
$8524.94 - Price of bike including TTL

They also threw in a helmet ($199), jacket ($189), frame sliders & installation ($150) and the first service ($80) for free, which would have cost me over $600 bucks alone, so I felt I rode away with a pretty damn good deal (and this was in June 06.........which was peak sport bike purchasing time)

But some dealerships charge you dock fees, crate fees, assembly fees, etc. etc. My dealership prides themselves on straightforward sales and doesn't charge all the excessive fees like other dealership. (which wanted to charge me over $1500 for TTL + "THEIR" fees. So ask them what the OTD (out the door) price would be on that bike for you. They DO NOT need to run your credit to do this either. Just tell them to give you the exact price the bike is going to cost you OTD. Some dealers refuse to do this for you, and if yours does, walk out.
Yes they always want to run my credit score! I cant stand it,I tell them that i am qualified for a bike, but they still seem to always want to run it. Salesman tend to get on my nerves sometimes.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:47 PM

salesmen are one of the worst people in this world ( no offense to all the salesmen riders out there). yes, you have to watch those crafty manipulative sons of b!#ches.

just remember, they want the money that's in your pocket and you don't have to give it to them. if i had another chance, i'd shop around alot more. although in monetery, there was only one honda shop in the area. good thing about getting a new bike when negotiating, is you can tell them you can get the same exact bike someplace else for a couple hundred bucks less, and see if they'll match it.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:57 PM

I feel the same way about them salesmen! I do admit they have talent though, I mean the second you walk through their door you turned into there best friend. They act as if they have know you for years.

There are actually quite a few dealerships down here in Arizona, so I will definitely use that to my advantage!

Quick Reply: + tax, license, and fee's