CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   talk about bad day (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/talk-about-bad-day-6423/)

L8X 11-27-2005 05:59 PM

RE: talk about bad day

the cops dusted your bike?!?!?! for what? like prints?!?! has everyone gone csi??? where do you live?!?! no cop i know would do that!
;)

ORIGINAL: tallal_600rr

OMG What the fudge is going on? I can't believe what happened to me today, my bike was stripped. I was just chillin at a friend's house watching sports and BSing around. He takes a nap at about 12 am, so I'm just chatting and checking this site and others. It's around three and starting to get tired but I hear a low rumble (sport bike passing through) and was moving at a really low speed. My buddy wakes up and says, "watch out they might steal your bike, hee hee" I look out of the balcony to see a guy on his bike (99 cbr600rr) and another walking next to him, then the one walking walks toward my bike and is checking out the front tire, gauges and admiring the overall bike; then just leaves with his friend.
Now about 4:30 a.m. after we are now ready to get ready to get some goodies from CC and Wal-Mart, we leave the apt. complex at about 15 till 5 .a.m. Do everything we need to do and get for the holidays we finish about 11 a.m. dead tired from walking and standing for hours on end, we are on our way back.
So we pull into the complex and the new 05 600rr is laying on it's side, my first reaction is damn someone kicked it over (after reading some other threads about that happening) then I tell my friend let me out, I'm looking at the bike and the font tire, brakes rotors, and everything included in the front is gone. As I get closer the mirrors and body damage is a devastating blow and my heart just sinks.
MAN I'm ******* pissed, I left my bike unattended for 3 hours. MOTHER FUC***, SON OF A BIT**, I will severely damage someone's facial structure for this one. I call the cops and file a report, they dust the bike with no luck, insurance is in my dad's name, and while writing this "I Swear" A cop pulls up to the bike and is starting o write a ticket, I go outside and say I can't move it, he's like why, I tell him hello the bike was stripped today and I can't move it by [sm=icon_flaming.gif]myself it's getting towed. I Shall attempt to post pix.
[sm=smiley35.gif]

DonnythaBrick 11-30-2005 03:30 PM

Someone at work 'had' an alarm on his bike. one night it went off and he turned off the alarm without checking it out. well his bike was gone in the morning. so i guess im saying if you get one pay attention to it! dont be stupid like this guy.

doncollins 11-30-2005 03:31 PM

that had to be hard to deal with in the morning....

cjbettis 12-01-2005 12:18 AM

ORIGINAL: menefreghista

may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the thieves' crotches !

really sorry that this happened to you
what neighborhood was this anyway

what tha fu&#......funny....you claim you're from Cali......where are you really from?

doncollins 12-01-2005 01:05 AM

come on CJ... that's a movie quote ... from??? can you get this one you never watched clerks movie hater.

cjbettis 12-01-2005 01:44 AM

they don't allow movies like that in the state (Oregon)....think of us kinda like a bigger Salt Lake City...but the entire state.........this is the land of love and peace...we'll have to sneak Clerks across the border or send in a unmarked brown package

Cboy1 12-04-2005 01:10 AM

Wow dude that really sucks man, I feel your pain only something like this happened to my car...

cjbettis 12-04-2005 01:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Cboy1

Wow dude that really sucks man, I feel your pain only something like this happened to my car...
like the avatar Cboy1....smooth

pirateoftheCBRRRRR 12-16-2005 10:49 PM

I got a scorpio alarm outstandind I say. it has a remote that sends me a signal within 1 mile of whats up ie: ingnition, shock, perimiter, tilt ect. and has different setings ie silent(only you know the alarm is going off) If you get bike jacked theres a kill switch 20 sec's the bike shuts off, and optional perimiter on off switch. I keep mines off because it attracts more attention than it deters.

I'll tell you all one thing though one time with my alarm on silent it goes off right, well i go investigate and some bitc! is chillin on my bike (just like the harley commercial) talkn to some ladies and no bull I swear I go over to him and compliment him on "his" bike then procede to light a smoke, . obviously i am not ganna hit him while he is on my bike so i ask him if i can sit it up he agrees??? (well gee thanks) I pull out the keys and put em in the ignition, the girls are laughing and he dont know what to do. I got up in his face and asked him how he would like it if someone was sittin in his car when he came out. basically in the end i should have hit him but i think he looked dumb as it was.
Go for the alarm rotor locks are good but i have seen a few mishaps with forgotten rotorlocks

05Tribal 12-17-2005 01:45 AM

Man the F'n nerve of some people. The only time I've ever touched a bike when the owner was not around was when I noticed a bike parked with the neon light kit left on. I took a moment to find the switch and turned them off knowing the owner would appreciate it since the battery was going to die.

I say you handled that situation very well. I'm not sure if I would have stayed so cool.

Here is another possible way to play it.>

You could have drawn down on him based on the assumption that he was trying to steel your bike since theft of a motor vehicle is a felony and felons are known carry guns and often use guns in a desperate attempt to get away. Well that's how I would have explained it once the Po Po showed up;)