Supercorsa Pro's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercorsa Pro's?

I'll be looking for the best, reasonable Track Day tire I can get in Feb. 08.

I've tried the Dunlop D208 GP's and loved those on my older F2.

Anyone with say the first to newset RR tried Pirelli's?

I'm thinking Supercorsa Pro's.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Default RE: Supercorsa Pro's?

The Pirelli's are a far more stable tyre than the Dunlops in my experiance. When I've used the Dunlops the feel unstable at high speed over the bumps and "Chewy" when it grips through the corner.The Pierllisare very grippy andmore stable through the corners and over the bumpsand last very well for a performance tyre. The Dunlops do warm up quicker that I've found the Pirellis do but once warm I think it's down to how you like your bike to "feel".

Old 12-23-2007, 09:30 AM

I'll just get them and try them out.

Feb. is the first track day around here.

I'm going to run novice class track days about 3 more times, and then see what intermediate is like.

The last novice class was painfully slow.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ran the 208GP's the last couple track days and was happy to pull them off the bike. No freakin grip comming out of the corners....

I am going to try the Corsa III's next time around.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:49 PM

i've run the pirelli diablo supercorsas for the last year. i like them a lot, especially the front. the front is stable and gives a lot of feedback while cornering. it doesn't give any wierd feedback compared to other brands i've used(eg, michelin fronts always felt like the front was going to tuck mid-corner). when the front slides, it's not abrupt and it usually re-grips w/o much drama. plus, the front gives plenty of warning so you know that it's about to slide or know that it's sliding. under braking, the stability of the front provides confidence in braking deep into a corner. i've found that i can trail brake a lot deeper into a corner than with other brands. the rear is good, too. plenty of grip, but, the rear does move around a bit under hard acceleration which takes some getting used to.

btw, i run sc2 compound with 31 psi in the front and 26 psi in the rear. keep in mind that these are hot pressures.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: theredgoose

i've run the pirelli diablo supercorsas for the last year. i like them a lot, especially the front. the front is stable and gives a lot of feedback while cornering. it doesn't give any wierd feedback compared to other brands i've used(eg, michelin fronts always felt like the front was going to tuck mid-corner). when the front slides, it's not abrupt and it usually re-grips w/o much drama. plus, the front gives plenty of warning so you know that it's about to slide or know that it's sliding. under braking, the stability of the front provides confidence in braking deep into a corner. i've found that i can trail brake a lot deeper into a corner than with other brands. the rear is good, too. plenty of grip, but, the rear does move around a bit under hard acceleration which takes some getting used to.

btw, i run sc2 compound with 31 psi in the front and 26 psi in the rear. keep in mind that these are hot pressures.
That's what I wanted to hear!!!

I owe you a coffee or beer Goose.

About the trail braking extra bonus...whatever term you out there prefer.

I trail brake on the rare times I go into a corner just a bit hot, and get to that point in the turn where you don't want to ruin the turn,
and line, so I use the rear brake for a liitle gentle extra slow down and for a hair of line correction. Just a touch.

This occurs when I have only ridden a road, track, zero or one time, and the unexpected and unseen rears it's ugly head.

Good to know the Pirelli's are solid in that respect as well as some real feedback from the front.

On a different note and not aimed at the vet or pro riders out there, but the others who might be reading this.

Just a mention of something else to the general and pure novice out there.

If you go into a corner too hot, like when the corner unknowingly just went decreasing radius in the last millisecond,
and you just know. by sight and feel that a rear brake is not going to keep you out of the ditch, you can use the front
brake, along with the rear, but fan the front brake...very rapidly.

If you GRAB and hold the front brake like grim death, that's when you will tuck the front and your butt into a big ball of trouble.

Fan it a few times, very very lightly and very quickly, like rapid firing a semi-automatic with a hair trigger.

This in effect, gives you a self-controlled version of ABS.

It has worked for me personally.

The real idea is to never go fast until you really know where you are going.