Stolen :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen :(

Well the day I didn't think would come, actually came. As stated, my bike got stolen right outside my apartment, in front of my car, less than 20ft from my bed (not just bedroom, bed). The cops told me what I expected them to say, "bike's probably gonna be stripped and sold for parts, we doubt we'll find it".

I only bought the bike brand new last year, and now I'm stuck with a $1k deductible. Insurance says they have to wait 30days, and if the cops don't find it, then they pay for it. I pay the first $1K and they pay the rest, I don't remember asking for gap insurance when I bought it (yeah I know, stupid me), so hopefully the value of the bike is still a bit high. Oh well, I believe everything happens for a good reason, let's see what good comes out of this.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man sorry to hear that! That really sucks. Im glad my bike is sorta ugly right now. Now one wants it. You Air force? If so where you stationed at?
I know at my apartments there alot of military so not alot of thefts.

And **** does happen for a reason! I did one good thing about a week ago and so far everything has been goin good. But one bad thing and the same follows. haha

Last edited by CBRfenatic93; 09-10-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 PM

Yeah I'm Air Force, stationed in Goldsboro NC. I think the person who did it lives nearby, cause there's an 07/08 GSXR in the same lot, always uncovered and still sitting there right now. So why did they go after the more difficult bike to steal, is the CBR better looking?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:32 PM

Man that sucks. Myself I'd go snoopn around the lot and keep my eye on it if u have a gut feeling. The cops most the time are good for nothing and do nothing. Or u could try tipping the cops off if u get any leads or really think ur bike is in that lot. That really really sucks man. Insurance companies **** you, thats all. They might try to give $3,000-$5,000 for the bike. Doubt even $5,000. Had a friend bitching about his insurance company was only going to give him between $3,000-$4,000 for his wrecked GXR1000. A guy ran into the back of the bike at a light, insurance company wants to total the bike out. The guy owes over $5,000 on the bike still.... I hope the best for you man.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:36 PM

look into lojack on your next purchase if its from a dealer or at least get gap, insurance companys are good for nothing most of the time and just want to total bikes left and right and then your stuck with a bill and no bike. sorry man that really friggin sucks, hope those a$$wipes who snatched it get whats comin to them, karma!!

Old 09-16-2009, 05:53 PM

Really really sad to hear this man. We all hope that this kind of situation never happens to any of us, but it happens...

I wish you best of luck in recovering from this situation!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:53 PM

keep ur hopes up. i got mine stolen and recovered 2 days later. still totaled but theives can be dumb. good luck.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:15 AM

Thanks alot guys. The cops haven't even tried calling me or nothing. I went down to the station, and they still didn't tell me nothing. I'm not mad at them, but I still think they could've kept me posted about what's going on. Oh yeah, and I just found out from a CO-WORKER, that my town is like number 4 or 5 for bike's getting stolen in NC. Pisses me off that I risk my life for these @$$holes (military) and they steal my bike. Makes me wonder if they're even worth it. BUT ANYWAY, thanks for you'll comments.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snakerb
Yeah I'm Air Force, stationed in Goldsboro NC. I think the person who did it lives nearby, cause there's an 07/08 GSXR in the same lot, always uncovered and still sitting there right now. So why did they go after the more difficult bike to steal, is the CBR better looking?

They didnt steal the GSXR cause no one wants em. haha

Old 09-22-2009, 10:54 PM

Guess what? Cops found my bike today. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow, hopefully it's rideable. They said that someone was arrested (won't tell me who),and bike's mainly in one piece. They said the right fairing is a little messed, ignition looks a little messed up, and windscreen is broken (probably from them messing with ignition).

A friend asked if I can have them make the thief pay for repairs, and now I'm asking you'll, can I???

Quick Reply: Stolen :(