? on stator cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on stator cover

Ok so I have an 06 600RR ...
Layed it down.. on left side... powder coated and replaced the stator cover... also in the process strippd one of the screws so had to do the whole heli coil thing.... if you know what that is..

Any how, theres a small leak when I ride... I used Yamabond, dont know if different brand names are better then others..

but.. w/ those liquid gasket bonds, do you apply it to both surfaces because I only applied it to the stator cover... not the actual engine case... also .. after that......... is there a certain time period your supposed 2 let the bond sit before starting it up and riding...??????

ANY help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Old 06-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Default RE: ? on stator cover

did you also get a new gasket?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Default RE: ? on stator cover

YamibondSuzibond and Kawibond and some other genuine seelants are made by Three Bond and are the same but in differet boxes. When you use the liquid gasket you apply it in a small beed and then leave it to form a skin. once the skin has formed then put the part back on the bike. DON'T do what most people do and spread it out with your finger in a small film, you are asking for leaks. And it is best to leave it over night before starting and riding the bike. Don't use to much as you wont want excess floating around in the engine. Remember that when you put the cover back on, what ever excess squeezes out on the out side is also squezzing out on the inside.

Also make sure you are using the right sealer. There are many different ones that have different chemical makeup and uses. Some dont like oil and that could be you problem.

The sealents that are oil safe and you could use are:
TB1104 Grey this one always stays tacky and is good for -60 to +150 deg C so would be fine
TB1211 White is quite runny and harder to use but still fine with oil is good for -60 to +250 deg C