Stand advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand advice

I am storing my bike in a shed this year. I usually had a garage to store it in but i dont this year. I am winterizing the bike but would like to keep the wheels off the ground. What is a good stand that i can use to save as much space in the shed as possible as well as having a good quality stand. Thanks Also please be specific because i have never owned a stand for my bikes in the past.
I have an 07 CBR 600RR go figure

Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Default RE: Stand advice

just for my own education here, do you want to keep the bike on stands so that the tires/wheels dont become warped from standing in the same position?

Im kinda unclear on what happens to bikes that sit in one position too long. Thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 12:06 PM

Yep... i want to keep it off the ground to prevent flat spots on the tires. I live in CT so i will not be riding it for a while once i put it to sleep

Old 09-12-2007, 12:48 PM

I live in wisconsin. for the last 3 years i have stored just about anything that you can image that could be stored at a farm. i've stored 4 motorcycles there in the last 3 years. NONE of them were on any stands. NONE of them developed "flat spots". NOTHING has. someone has feed you a myth.

how much you wanna spend?

ORIGINAL: ctskydive

Yep... i want to keep it off the ground to prevent flat spots on the tires. I live in CT so i will not be riding it for a while once i put it to sleep

Old 09-12-2007, 01:14 PM

I live in oregon, its not as cold, but the weather is just as unforgiving as far as riding goes.

In my book, just ride your bike every 15 days and you wont have to winterize it. Im by no means a pro at any of this, but using it here and there should keep it in working order

Old 09-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Thanks guys. The thing is,, the shet is in my back yard, i have to ride through my backyard, into my front yard and on to the drivewway. So once it snows it will be stuck there. I never developed any flat spots in the past but they were in garages taht were connected to my house so i figured it was warmer andflat spots were less likely to occur. My fear is no that itr is in the shed and no heat what so ever the tires my be more likley to develope flat spots. Just worried about the new bike i guess. I already dont like having to leave her in the shed for that long.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Thanks guys. The thing is,, the shet is in my back yard, i have to ride through my backyard, into my front yard and on to the drivewway. So once it snows it will be stuck there. I never developed any flat spots in the past but they were in garages taht were connected to my house so i figured it was warmer and flat spots were less likely to occur. My fear is no that itr is in the shed and no heat what so ever the tires my be more likley to develope flat spots. Just worried about the new bike i guess. I already dont like having to leave her in the shed for that long.
Well don't.

Change the oil, ride it to the popular gas station across town, fill up. ride back home, put it in the shed, take out the battery, cover it, lay out some rat poison and bring the battery in the house, put it in the celler.

that's all you gotta do. if i didn't mention a certain something, it doesn't need to be done. simple.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:08 PM

take out the battery? wtf? i live in Florida, but a little knowledge wouldn't hurt, what are you meaning by this?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:55 AM

Thanks guys. The thing is,, the shet is in my back yard, i have to ride through my backyard, into my front yard and on to the drivewway. So once it snows it will be stuck there. I never developed any flat spots in the past but they were in garages taht were connected to my house so i figured it was warmer andflat spots were less likely to occur. My fear is no that itr is in the shed and no heat what so ever the tires my be more likley to develope flat spots. Just worried about the new bike i guess. I already dont like having to leave her in the shed for that long.
I've seen aLOT of photos where people store their bikes in their apartments and or rooms / bed rooms.

Maybe you should bring the bike in and store it in your bedroom.

I bet the ladies that come over would love to pose on it ... in your room.

Quick Reply: Stand advice