So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

If were just talking about dropping it at low/no speed then its usually things you can prevent. Watch the painted arrows, metal covers, and things like that at intersections, especially when theyre wet. Also those are places that gravel/sand like to build up along with fluids dripping from cars. Try to stay out of that stuff and give yourself plenty of braking distance so you dont have to brake hard over anything you might not see. Make sure the stand it sturdy when you get off, etc etc...

Old 10-03-2007, 07:55 AM
Default RE: So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

ORIGINAL: f3racer

my dad always told me that there are 2 types of riders. the ones who have gone down and the ones who are going down. as everyone has said.
Actually, 3 types of riders:

1. Ones who haven't gone down
2. Have gone down
3. Will go down again

Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 AM

wassup peeps. new here. anyways, i had a ninja650r b4 this one. it was my first bike. the 3rd day i had it i was rolling it in the garage and over it went. it sucked. also laid it over when i had someone pull out on me going down the road in a hard right turn. first actual bike accident. it happens. get some sliders and good riding gear. i learned that the hard way.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:46 AM

it does happen, but don't forget prevention - like they teach you in the MSF, we don't call them accidents, because every crash is avoidable - it's just a question of whether or not you're paying attention and riding within your means and the limits of the road (visibility, traction, traffic) enough to take corrective action. if you're dragging knee around a farm road and you're presented with a tractor in your lane and a hay bale in the other lane (or a deer, or a diesel fuel slick or whatever), you've got to be able to straighten up and stop, or maneuver around it. if you're doing an endo in traffic and the person in front of you stops, guess what - you're not stopping any quicker! when i asked the guys at cycle gear where some good roads are to practice my turns, they straight up said don't do it on the street. period. ride easy, safe, and legal on the street, because there are way too many variables that will cause a crash. not that i listen to them, but i'm not one of the ones pushing the limits either.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: thecannibalchef

when i asked the guys at cycle gear where some good roads are to practice my turns, they straight up said don't do it on the street. period. ride easy, safe, and legal on the street, because there are way too many variables that will cause a crash. not that i listen to them, but i'm not one of the ones pushing the limits either.
Exactly...Like one riders' group MO reads:

"Restricted on the street...unleashed on the track."

E

Old 10-03-2007, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: team honda

Hey all, I keep reading on some of these posts that newbies or new sport bikers will drop there bike atleast once and that is why some of you advise others to get a used bike...is this true? My boy lives out in Reno NV and even he told me that I should prepare myself in knowing I will def drop my bike.. A little background info...Just received my cert. from MSF 3 weeks ago now and bought a 2003 600rr and have about 200 miles on her so far...god I hope I don't drop it...thanks
There's that old says that goes something like this... there are only 2 types of riders, those that have gone down, and those that are going down.

I've been riding for 35 years and I've been down 5 times. The first 4 were a breeze, minimal damage, got up and rode away. The 5th one, that was a different story, broken body, 2 years of rehabilitation and I'm back in the saddle again.

Ride safe my friend.

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-03-2007, 10:51 AM

Of course it is true unless you are a weird freak exception. I mean....you may be weird....or a freak... but I doubt that you are the exception. Just get your frame sliders to get some protection for the bike. A low speed tumble is not even a big deal. And if you wreck at speed then you will probably have more important things to worry about than a scratched up bike anyhow.[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 10-04-2007, 01:11 AM

when somebody tells me they've never laid down there bike, and have been riding for at least a few years, i can't help but think they must be some wussy that prob stays under the speed limit and don't ride on the freeway.

by the way peanut, awesome bike!

Quick Reply: So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?