So i guess Hotbodies stink!! '04 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i guess Hotbodies stink!! '04 600rr

I've read most of the opinions on this site but I guess a few more won't hurt.
Here is the deal. I have the kit ready to install. Than I talk to a friend who says it absolutely SUX. Now I don't know what to do. Of course it's just my friends opinion, but that is all I have to go on. I really need some other feed back. Does anyone actually have it installed and is currently rideing on it? I hear over heating, mealting, ****ty sound(it is a little whiney on the high end), etc... OMG I was so excited now I am just pissed.
It's either go with the hotbodies or get the eliminator kit and an akrapovic, leo vince, d&d, yosh, maybe even a micron like every one else(no offense I like those). I just wanted a more original look.ARGHHHH! Now I just want some other opinions, hopefully based on experience. I even looked at the euro but there is something strange about it. Thanks

Old 10-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Default RE: So i guess Hotbodies stink!! '04 600rr

heard from one guy that works at a shop that the quality is crap, the plastics crack, don't even line up right without modding the crap out of it, plus it sounds pretty crappy. save your money and get a sick slip on, arata, akro...the expensive and well worth the money ones...i have a cf yoshi, just couldn't bring myself to spend more than 400 on a slip on

Old 10-08-2005, 07:05 AM

Just get a nice slip on of your choice, and then go with the Euro Undertail. It looks pretty good, but may be more than you want to spent. I think it goes for $300 painted to stock.

Fred

Old 10-08-2005, 11:23 PM

I got a leo vince slip on for sale and a Power Commander. $550 takes them both... from my 04 600 RR....

Titanium, Carbon Link
Is the link for the carbon or titanium.

And heres a good link for the aluminum.
Aluminum Link
Goes for $389.99, 16.99 to ship.. comes to $406.98 W/out tax..

Mines aluminum, and is in VERY GOOD CONDITION... bout 1,000 miles on it (I found the reciept for it, and it was done right after my service.. about 1500 miles ago, but with sprockets ive estimated around 1ooo miles, I miss gave the miles on the last post, probably cause I was morphined to hell... and wasnt REALLY thinking about it) ... I clean it all the time too..
Asking 340 shipped

Im open to links for prices... I think this is a fair price also.
That is my previous post. W/out power commander... but 550 takes em both shipped. saves you bout $500.oo.... And if you want the exhaust the price is stated above... Ill post pics if interested... Ive ridden with all my buddies here with yosh's, aratas, erions, arrows... I like mine the best... I feel it has the SEXIER sound lol... low end grumble, and high end scream. (not like a micron, or a D&D, its a clean moto gp scream.. sounds EXCELLENT.)

I got hit by a semi so thats why Im sellin them..

Old 10-08-2005, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: fRed Bull

Just get a nice slip on of your choice, and then go with the Euro Undertail. It looks pretty good, but may be more than you want to spent. I think it goes for $300 painted to stock.

Fred
Euro's the only way to go on the RR's... Definately the best ever... Looks the best too.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:33 AM

at this point i am returning my hot bodies kit.
I'm pretty new to the game , but i've been doin mad research. I think I'm going with the eliminator and the akropovic(carbon) cuz not everyone has it and it sounds good. I also think i'm gonna change the filter out and I hear that movin the rear 2 notches on the sproket will gain me some low end(which I really want). I'm gonna chill on the commander for now. I added my damper today. I also heard somethin about how the bikes are set up with the retard in the gears that you can change but I don't know anything about it. You know what I'm talkin about? somethin about it bein for the emisions when they come out the factory or somethin. Also I wanna know if there is a eliminator kit that comes with the integrated LED already with it. I was told you have to order that separate. ALSO (whew i'm like a kid with a new transformer) what do ya'll know about the front lights on the 600rr not being able to be tweeked very easily. somethin about the intake wall being to thin to really change that much. does someone make front lights just for my bike? LOL, sry so many rambling questions!

Old 10-09-2005, 03:36 AM

onewheelin why are you sellin your power commander? are they ****ty, cuz I hear they are the ****.
I've had the hardest time figurin out which slip on to get. still kinda up in the air with the akro...

Old 10-10-2005, 05:51 AM

Im actually sellin everything cause I got hit by a semi 3 months ago... pics are below so you can see lol but the powercommander and exhaust are the way to go for that little budge... I was -1 +3 sprocketed with a 520 conversion... thats where my bike became a real woman lol... like a gf with "a" chest suddenly recieving big "c's" and being real lol...

I have decided to put my PC and exhaust up for sale for $$450 shipped$$... the PC already has a gangster *** dyno'd map for the high setting from dyno jet... since they are here in vegas... and the pipe is good condition... im puttin pics up right now.

Sorry bout the HAIRY pics, my 2 dogs sleep behind the kitchen table so yeh lol... both big black dogs haha...

450$ takes em...
The pipe has no dents or major scratches, black rubber pieces on it from tire but easily comes off with 409, or any cleaning product... Im just lazy lol. PC as you can tell I got 2 pics so you can see the pt #'s and that all the wiring is in good condition.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM

I'm interested in you're exhaust and chip. One question, where did you mount the commander, because I can not see that fitting under my rear seat.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:45 AM

it fits under the rear seat... perfectly... there is definately room... I thought the same thing, but mine mounted perfectly inside the "trunk" lol....

If your interested, let me know.. I have the box and everything ready to ship out... paypal account standing by.. lol...

Quick Reply: So i guess Hotbodies stink!! '04 600rr